WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 500th post...

I spend about 75% of my WUS time in the Omega forum, so I only spend about 25% in the Seiko-Citizen. However, I find this forum fascinating because there is so much care and dedication shown for these relatively inexpensive marvels. Love 'em!

Cut to the chase...

Woot! My SRP307J1 arrived today!

IMG_6345-25.jpg

IMG_6346-25.jpg

IMG_6347-25.jpg

IMG_6348-25.jpg

For those with the bracelet Qs, see part #...

IMG_6350-25-obs.jpg

Moments after unpacking I was already putting the OEM bracelet back in the box for safe-keeping, and loading up a new Yobokies Hammer (arrived today also). Thanks Harold!

IMG_6354-25.jpg

IMG_6355-25.jpg

And now... the obligatory side-by-side comparison shots. SKX on Watchadoo and SRP on Yobokies Hammer!

IMG_6358-25.jpg

IMG_6359-25.jpg

IMG_6362-25.jpg

IMG_6363-25.jpg

Now, the madness begins... Which bracelet on which watch? Let's try the other way...

IMG_6364-25.jpg

IMG_6366-25.jpg

IMG_6367-25.jpg

In the end, I went back to the Watchadoo on the OM and the Hammer on the New BM.

Over the coming weeks and months, I'm sure I will exhaust the endless options that will include the OM's original bracelet (the BM's will stay in hiding), the wjean mesh, the OEM Seiko rubber, several NATOs/Zulus, etc. But for now... Watchaoo and Hammer... and that the way they'll stay on my two wrists through out the night. :-d

I'm glad this milestone post could be extra special, I hope you get something useful from it.

Cheers!
Matt

·
Registered
22 Posts
Amazing pics megamustang - thanks for the post.

Im looking to get one myself, although for some reason i find the old BM more appealing. It has a sort of vintage/military look to it, which the newer BMs don't offer. I think it's mostly to do with the new "teeth" markings on the dial. What do you guys think?

In any case the biggest question for me is the watch's versatility irrespective of new (SRP307) or old (SKX779); I plan to wear to work and pretty much everywhere. Does anyone have any good wrist shots of the watch with more formal-wear, like a suit?

·
Registered
28,501 Posts
Your black Monster looks awesome. It almost gives me an itchy trigger finger to pick one up as a beater…. must exercise restraint...

·
Registered
910 Posts
I just picked up an OM as a beater, as much as I love my SMP can't beat the price for a great watch that is perfect for the pool, float trips, and casual Saturday BBQs. Have a Orange Nato coming as well for a second look for this and couldn't be happier. And here are pics of both for a compare / contrast:

Reactions: megamustang
1 - 7 of 7 Posts