WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
2,693 Posts
Yup, GWG is awesome but I would list bulk as a con. Especially if wearing long sleeves.

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
GW-3500

Pro: compact size, comfortable on wrist, synchs every night, highly legible due to yellow hands on black dial, solar
Con: weak lume, no running second hand, negative display LCDs (but are quite legible), don’t really care for LED backlighting

Ive owned a Gulfmaster and a Mudmaster and adore their functionality and design, but have learned the hard way that they are simply too big on my 7-1/4 inch wrist. Great in summer with short sleeves, but a pain in the neck during cooler-weather months.
704B39BE-D51B-4CBC-9A42-1E347A87671B.jpeg

·
Registered
2,554 Posts
It's a Casio digi-analog, but not quite a G-Shock. Pro Trek PRW-6000Y-1ACR.

Pros: has a barometer, altimeter, and a digital compass used by the second hand; great lume/light, auto world time adjustments; solar powered; atomic clock resets.
Cons: not a G-Shock b-) ; not quite as durable as the G; kinda pricey for a Casio.

Casio Pro Trek.jpg

·
G-Shock Mod
13,949 Posts

The GA800 is my recent favorite. And I think its one of the best analog-digtal G-Shock ever.

Pro:
- current production and won't break your bank
- one touch start of STW is an excellent feature that I love
- continues running second hand
- great dual LED that lights up both dial and LCD actuated by the 5th button
- you can park the hands
- this purple color is done just right, i can even wear this in the office with jeans.

Con:
- no lume on dial indices
- The strap flare out at the lugs a bit (think DW6900), which may affect comfort
- Casio, where's that 24hr CDT??
- I imagine the buttons are not the easiest to use when you wear gloves.

·
Registered
6,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I like the Mrg 130 for the 2 dig windows, and that it’s titanium. Cons which don’t bother me much, are it’s a thick watch and the light is weak
View attachment 13000191

Mrg 131 for the dial color, the rarity, the neg display, titanium. Cons, it’s on the small side for a G
View attachment 13000203
Excellent examples of quality G-Shocks.
Like both of them!

·
Registered
6,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
View attachment 13000271

GA-100B-7

Pro is i like the design,it reminds me of a glass cockpit....

Con is the lack of lume on the hands. While the indices do have lume. I hope Casio fired the guy who once got that idea in his mind and the person who said yes tho his brain fart.
I think they have a lot similar hands on other models. Drilled, cog wheel themed

·
Registered
7,092 Posts
It's a Casio digi-analog, but not quite a G-Shock. Pro Trek PRW-6000Y-1ACR.
Pros: has a barometer, altimeter, and a digital compass used by the second hand; great lume/light, auto world time adjustments; solar powered; atomic clock resets.
Cons: not a G-Shock b-) ; not quite a durable as the G; kinda pricey for a Casio.

View attachment 13000015
Another con for me is that only the tips of the hour and minute hands are lumed, making the lume harder to see. It would have been better if Casio had lumed the full length of the hands, the way Omega does with the Seamaster that has skeletonized hands.

PRW-S6000Y-1
ProTrek PRW-S6000Y-1 (PB290198).JPG

·
Registered
7,092 Posts
View attachment 13000271

GA-100B-7

Pro is i like the design,it reminds me of a glass cockpit....

Con is the lack of lume on the hands. While the indices do have lume. I hope Casio fired the guy who once got that idea in his mind and the person who said yes tho his brain fart.
Yes, no lume on the hands while the markers are lumed. Not too useful.

But it's a decent watch overall, and one of the ana-digi models with a 24 hour countdown timer (too many of them are only 60 or 100 minutes).

GA-100SD-8A (Military Sand)
GA-100SD-8A (P6030354).JPG

·
Registered
7,092 Posts
I like this one.

Pros: Very good looking (blue metal bezel around the crystal and blue outlines around the markers looks very nice in person), high contrast white hands and markers, negative LCDs give a dark background for the hands, solar/atomic

Cons: Negative LCDs are hard to read in most lighting, no LCD illumination, no analog second hand, 100 min CDT, 60 min stopwatch

This one wears quite small, which may be a pro for some and a con for others. Someone who likes a larger watch should look at the GAW-100, which I believe also adds LCD illumination.

AWG-M100A-1A
G-Shock AWG-M100A-1A (DSC00860).JPG

·
Registered
4,676 Posts
PRW-7000
IMAG6672 (1).jpg

PROS:
  • highly legible STN display with blue-green digits
  • very comfortable carbon fiber strap
  • sapphire crystal
  • made in Japan
CONS:
  • it's large and thick, but very comfortable due to wrist wings and supple strap
  • so really I have no cons ;)

1 - 20 of 60 Posts