WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

21 - 40 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
4,676 Posts
Mine is on the way. thanks for your pics, it's what swayed my purchase.
Congrats! It's a very special piece. You're gonna love it.

Reactions: andyahs

·
Registered
2,554 Posts
Another con for me is that only the tips of the hour and minute hands are lumed, making the lume harder to see. It would have been better if Casio had lumed the full length of the hands, the way Omega does with the Seamaster that has skeletonized hands...
Great catch. I agree and should have mentioned it. It bums me out a bit.

·
Registered
6,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
I like this one.

Pros: Very good looking (blue metal bezel around the crystal and blue outlines around the markers looks very nice in person), high contrast white hands and markers, negative LCDs give a dark background for the hands, solar/atomic

Cons: Negative LCDs are hard to read in most lighting, no LCD illumination, no analog second hand, 100 min CDT, 60 min stopwatch

This one wears quite small, which may be a pro for some and a con for others. Someone who likes a larger watch should look at the GAW-100, which I believe also adds LCD illumination.

AWG-M100A-1A
View attachment 13000995
I saw one in person. Blue ring really adds class to this watch! Size vise it very refreshing and old school in a good way.

·
Registered
6,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
View attachment 13000271

GA-100B-7

Pro is i like the design,it reminds me of a glass cockpit....

Con is the lack of lume on the hands. While the indices do have lume. I hope Casio fired the guy who once got that idea in his mind and the person who said yes tho his brain fart.
I remembered seeing Edifice version of same module
EFA-135D-1A4_LRG.jpg
Casio Edifice Analog Digital Chronograph EFA-135D-1A4
Something from "what if" realm

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
PRW-S6100Y-1

Pros: Tough, light weight, screw down crown, atomic/solar/ABC sapphire, green is subtle most of the time but pops in direct sunlight, from Japan to my door, rare (most non-wis people have no idea what a protrek is) I've made a lot of good memories while wearing this watch and its survived them all.

Cons: Size (mainly width) takes some getting used to, crown guards can dig unless I wear the watch higher on my wrist, wearing my watch on the inside for years has developed a bit of a callous so it's not a big deal, I wish it had a negative stn display.

Overall I love it enough for it to be my only watch. It's worn 24/7 with the exception of the occasional scrubbing with an old toothbrush to keep it clean.

·
Registered
9,239 Posts
Pros:
Made in Japan.
Sapphire Crystal.
Solid Titanium case & bracelet.
Light weight.
Super accurate.
Build quality.

Cons:
Not cheap.

Attachments

·
Moderator G-Shock Forum
6,206 Posts
Another post for the GA-100.

Pro:
Its not expensive
Digital and analog time are synced
Large digital numbers
All the basic functions
High contrast hands version available
Many color schemes available and compatible bezels common (Gd-100 and others)

Attachments

·
Registered
6,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Funny. It was first thread i started on WUS!
Will add pictures of my other Gs here. In two years and actually it's less than two years i amassed quite a few.

·
Registered
6,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #40

GW1700
Pro: solar, atomic, small, comfortable, titanium, great reception, synchronized hands. JDM.
cons: very small eyes so it's limited in what it can show thus 60 min stopwatch. buttons are small. very old model and it's near impossible to source parts.

21 - 40 of 60 Posts