WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

41 - 60 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
4,676 Posts
GR-B100-1A3

This Gravitymaster was a sadly overlooked gem that came out a few years ago. They were USD $300 new, but you can get them now for around $200, which is frankly a steal for this watch. It has Tough Solar, Bluetooth and a killer dot matrix STN LCD that is one of the best I've seen on any Casio product. (It does not have MB6, but that's why it's not $500.) It's a nice large watch with a comfortable two-prong strap, but is not as over-sized as its larger Master of G brothers.

·
Registered
6,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
I liked Gravimaster and was always eyeing it. It was too big for me but fantastic watch so far. STN. BT . Really legible.

·
Registered
6,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #43

AW590

Pro: Very slim, small (not really but compared to new G-Sock models), light weight, legible (in positive form), aluminum insert looks good, all standard functions included, very affordable even at MSRP. Great starter G.
Cons: analog and digital are not synchronized, battery powered, 60 min timer

Bottom line it could be your only watch with ease.
I gifted one like this and it made my friend happy. He loves it. I love it and i think it's great all around watch. Not obnoxious, cuff friendly and light.

·
Registered
115 Posts
LCW-M100TSE-1A2JF with silicone band

• Radio controlled
  • Solar
  • Titanium
  • Sapphire crystal
  • Relatively thin at 9.3mm
  • LED, lume
  • Extra features, timer, stopwatch, alarm, hand alignment, perpetual calendar to 2099
  • Standard lugs
  • Affordable

·
Registered
81 Posts
Hello and good day,

Nice to come across this thread.

Favorite analog + digital outside G-Shock line: AMW710 called the Marine Gear. Bought it with the rubber strap and didn't like it much, but all changed the moment the nato was on.

Pros: long lasting battery life, cheap, possibility of improvement with nato bands.

Cons: the bezel is pure decorative (won't rotate), the gigi doesn't have EL and the led will barely work for the ana in the dark.

Favorite analog + digital G-Shock: GA100A-9 known as Bumblebee for the similarities to the Transformers character. No battery found out yesterday.

Pros: really nice looking, comfortable and lightweight despite the huge case size and yellow hands does great contrast against black background, unlike other GAs with background and hands of the same color.

Cons: the led is absolutely useless, in the dark is just a plastic bracelet on your wrist.

May update in the future if other models in the wish list were to come.

Bye until next update, hopefully.

Sent from my SM-A207M using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
14,024 Posts
GR-B100-1A2ER

View attachment 15354772

In very short

Pro :
Ana = Style
Digi = Easy to receive data
More beautiful in real

Cons :
Not my fav G Ana/Digi 😁, but i like it a lot 😘🥰

The more I see this one the more I want one, but in green. I wish the green one had white markers instead of grey. The lcd of the green one looks insanely legible. I was too slow on the trigger on the Sales Forum when LavishHabits had them for sale for $115. That was a steal.
I'm not a fan of Bluetooth and would not use it but at least this anadigi is solar and DOES NOT use a crown. I returned a PRG-600 due to that crown. The developers of the "crown" on a digital watch needs to have the back of their head slapped. Hard.

·
Registered
6,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
The more I see this one the more I want one, but in green. I wish the green one had white markers instead of grey. The lcd of the green one looks insanely legible. I was too slow on the trigger on the Sales Forum when LavishHabits had them for sale for $115. That was a steal.
I'm not a fan of Bluetooth and would not use it but at least this anadigi is solar and DOES NOT use a crown. I returned a PRG-600 due to that crown. The developers of the "crown" on a digital watch needs to have the back of their head slapped. Hard.
Unfortunately Casio discontinued this model. Green was gone first some occasional negative LCD models are still found. Next iteration of same idea from Casio in G-Steel has only negative models.

·
Registered
310 Posts
PRW-7000
View attachment 13000765

PROS:
  • highly legible STN display with blue-green digits
  • very comfortable carbon fiber strap
  • sapphire crystal
  • made in Japan
CONS:
  • it's large and thick, but very comfortable due to wrist wings and supple strap
  • so really I have no cons ;)
a little late to the party but, OMG KUB! I did NOT know you owned this watch! Nice. Is it 52mm?

·
Registered
4,676 Posts
a little late to the party but, OMG KUB! I did NOT know you owned this watch! Nice. Is it 52mm?
Glad you like it man. Measurements are: 58.7mm × 52.3mm × 14.5mm

Here's my original unboxing from three years ago. I paid around $650 US for this at the time, imported from Japan. Now it costs as much as my MR-G. Go figure.

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
I guess my only would also by default be my "favorite."

Pros:
Light
Comfortable
Decent size
Easy to use buttons
Front light button
Bright super illuminator
Illuminated LCDs
Carbon Core makes it lighter and stronger
Straps have more travel for comfort and fit.

Cons
No solar
TINY LCDs
No marker lume
Useless function wheel indicator, would prefer day indicator like the GA-2100
And this particular model, white matte resin instantly and permanently stains.
Minimal functions, I like a second stopwatch, timer repeat, flash alert, or countdown warning at the 5 minute mark and below.
IMG_20200713_075016647.jpg

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

·
Registered
126 Posts
I guess my only would also by default be my "favorite."

Cons
No marker lume
And this particular model, white matte resin instantly and permanently stains.
These two issues I somewhat improved with some modding :)

The black bezel looks way nicer than the white (like the contrasty look) and stains no more. The material of the original white version really is no good.

Really really digging the watch a lot better now.

·
Registered
6,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #56 (Edited)
GW2500

One of the best if not the best analog digital G around.
It has everything and sized about right. Only downside of this model is negative screen but it's among best Casio has offered ever.
There is positive model too.
Synchronized hands don't move away like they do in newer models and due to abundance of function control logic is more complicated than regular Casio.
Best part of it it's one of the most if not most legible Casio analog digital designs in G-shocks.
Almost no form over function. Hands are sized right.
Illumination bit lackluster but sufficient. For 2008 or so it was a blast of the watch.

Funny how long ago it was. New model with same functionality is considerably bigger with no difference whatsoever.
Solar and MB6. Bracelet version was offered. MSRP of 250$ placed it in midtier at the time so approximate 500$ or so today.
GW2500 is family member of many other models in Casio lines (edifice, another G-Shock models, Oceanus) with simplier siblings in Casio Waveceptor and Lineage.

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
The GWG 1000 is great in every aspect:
PRO: Big enough to view without optical aid; and does everything ABC.
CON: Screwed crown

GW 3500
PRO: Easy to use and easy to see without optical aid. No crown!
CON: Maybe the night illumination

·
Registered
6,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
Casio HD600.
Without doubt this one is most popular Casio analog digital module with multiple models around.
Sir.David Attenborough been wearing one on his trips to Madagascar and such. Served him well across the years.
This one is HD flavor with some bumps and 100m WR. 3 alarms, ample timer and stopwatch (unlike some more expensive models it's goes beyond 1hr), world time and telememo which today seem out of touch but this module is almost 20 years old.
Over all great durable functional legible.... list goes on. Best of Casio.

In many cases i like non G-Shock analog digital Casios more.
There is solar iteration of same design and i love it even more but for some reason Casio made it one of the most unobtainable around.

·
Registered
3,459 Posts
Perfect size, great legibility (dial wise), easy to set up and navigate. While the digi seems legible, under less than ideal lighting it's a hard read, stop watch even harder and I use the SW often. But I really like the ABC/T, all are easy to access, calibrate and operate (I have the baro graph showing most always).

Could it be improved? Yes! Marry this watch with a PRW 3100 or PRG 330 and it will be the perfect watch. Aaaannnndddd, it seems that it is going to happen, August in Japan, elsewhere sometime after but after seeing the pics of the new PRW 30 I am going to wait til they are released here in the states and get me one. It may very well be the perfect watch (well for me, anyway)

·
Registered
990 Posts
MRG-7100

Pro:
It is a lite watch and, while this is not showing it, not all too big for a G-Shock.
It is solar and Atomic, so I seldom need to do anything except wearing it.

Con:
The second-hand does not line up perfectly
The backlight is worthless

41 - 60 of 60 Posts