WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have one but my enzo still not right now i am not right to post pictures of something that i cant wear yet :(

But i promise, as soon as i am able to wear it i'll post pics here of the watch and winder!

Meanwhile, i'd like to look at yours:)

Thanx! :>

·
Registered
4,369 Posts
yeah great idea!

.....somebody had posted a great shot of an 8-watch winder that fit big divers with ease.....but i dont think we ever got the make/model.....he said it got it at some website, but i couldnt find it at said site.........i need a 12-watch winder or bigger (ouch) but I am not really into those giant cabinets.....cant wait to see what surfaces.

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
mine is a 3 watch winder but it might need small adjustments cause the big guns (due to the size of my bracelet) don't sit as comfortable on them as i like

p.s the 8-12 watch winders i seen, are in the catch of a 3000m UTS badboy :)

funny: but i somehow tried to find a DEAL on a WW, while my watch is so precious, silly how we rationalyse our purchases. $50 winder for a $1000 watch :)

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
Here is mine...from About Time. I really like it!

·
Registered
436 Posts
I dont have any of these watches anymore, sold them all for a marathon sar and a bevy of straps/bracelets. This winder hasnt seen much action for a few months, since i wear the sar 24/7, but thats just motivating me to buy another auto.

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
On the upper left, a cheap Steinhausen off eBay with an LM-3 and an Alba Black Manta Ray. On the lower right a very good, reasonably priced Primadyne Softwind with an LM-1 and LM-2.

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
jxlxr is correct...it was from official time, via ebay....cost was about $300-350 bucks, including a rather steep shipping charge, but I look at it as an all in cost. The quality seems excellent and the motors run perfectly and quietly even with some monsterish sized divers on there. All in All it has been worth every penny.

Arrived quickly and in great shape. I also like the Van Gogh stlye (look like a humidor) but I went for the other to hold a few more for a few bucks less.

I have a buddy here in Charlotte, who bought a couple extra ones. I dont know if he has them still, but I can check if you would like. You might save a buck or two (more money for watches).

Here are a couple of more pics of the winder.

Al

thats the one I was looking for!

Al, make/model/price?........looks great and I remember you saying it could handle heavy divers.

thanks!

·
Registered
6,531 Posts
Here are our winders:

First winder we ever bought.....Steinhausen off of eBay almost two years ago for ~$230 delivered. We have had one problem with this winder. I had to fix one of the holders the plastic broke about 2-3 months ago....just a little super glue and away it went.

We have two towers like this......Wolf winders and tower. 8 winders in each tower and we use the top slot for our quartz watches. 2 have winders had to be replaced and Wolf was fantastic to work with.

Stephen

·
Registered
213 Posts
jxlxr is correct...it was from official time, via ebay....cost was about $300-350 bucks, including a rather steep shipping charge, but I look at it as an all in cost. The quality seems excellent and the motors run perfectly and quietly even with some monsterish sized divers on there. All in All it has been worth every penny.

Arrived quickly and in great shape. I also like the Van Gogh stlye (look like a humidor) but I went for the other to hold a few more for a few bucks less.

I have a buddy here in Charlotte, who bought a couple extra ones. I dont know if he has them still, but I can check if you would like. You might save a buck or two (more money for watches).

Here are a couple of more pics of the winder.

Al

Al,
Is the Winder you purchased the "Van Gogh" model ? It looks like a decent winder for the money. I'm currently using a Steinhausen as well and the thing sounds like a truck motor . It also does not rotate all that smoothly with my heavier watches (GSAR;PO and Seamaster GMT).
Thanks,
Joe

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Maybe it was the Monaco Designs winder I posted a few months ago,
ebay purchase holds 8 watch and straps etc in separate drawers, seems a liitle beefier than my cousins steinhausen 8 winder
The birdseye maple veneer is very good and the individual controls allow for 3 different settings progressively increasing numbers of rotations per hour, bidirectional
Quite nice for the money actually, think it was in the 499 range
As I look at this image I realize I only have 2 of the 8 watches pictured left!!
EDS

yeah great idea!

.....somebody had posted a great shot of an 8-watch winder that fit big divers with ease.....but i dont think we ever got the make/model.....he said it got it at some website, but i couldnt find it at said site.........i need a 12-watch winder or bigger (ouch) but I am not really into those giant cabinets.....cant wait to see what surfaces.

·
Registered
4,051 Posts
Freaks. :-d ;-)

·
Registered
767 Posts
An ABest Crystal series I bought new for $175 back in May.

I don't wear all my watches that often, the Sea-Dweller and Aerospace (superquartz) get the most wrist time by far, so even a two-watch winder is probably extra to my needs -- one position would do the job. The ABest has good setting capabilities, allowing me to alter winding direction and number of turns.

It replaced an MTE which was a good unit, but didn't have the same adjustability and tended to chew through batteries too frequently for my wallet, whereas the ABest is still on the original set of batteries after 6 months of use -- it has low battery warning lights for each position, which will eventually come on one day I suppose. It also has a brick for mains power, but I don't see much need if it's that economical.

I looked at Orbita, but they seemed to do exactly the same thing for 10 times the price.

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
Al,
Is the Winder you purchased the "Van Gogh" model ? It looks like a decent winder for the money. I'm currently using a Steinhausen as well and the thing sounds like a truck motor . It also does not rotate all that smoothly with my heavier watches (GSAR;PO and Seamaster GMT).
Thanks,
Joe
Joe,

I think mine was the Motzart series. The Van Gogh one looks like a cigar humidor. I bet it would be nice, I just need a little more space and this one was cheaper. My Stienhausen died and this is worlds better. Very solid and quiet.
Al

·
Registered
439 Posts
I'll take it.
Actually all I'm looking for is a watch safe that protects my watches from theft and acts as a storage case, not necessarily a winder. I just want all my watches in one place that is safe and secure. I am starting to really collect some nice pieces that I can never keep in the same house. I have home owners insurance, but some of my pieces are irreplaceable. I figure if I do get robbed at least they will only get 1/3 of my collection. I live in a very safe area and trust everybody I know, but I am paranoid. I want to wake up in the morning and take a look my collection and then go to work knowing that my watches are safe and sound.
I see that a lot of you keep your watches out in the open on winders. I don't want to display mine for anyone but myself. I don't want to advertise that I own so many.
Any thoughts on nice watch safes?
Thank you.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts