·
Registered
561 Posts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
561 Posts
Is this an OEM strap ? Looks good
It is. I tried other aftermarket integrated straps and to be honest, they just aren't as perfect a fit for this watch. A bit pricey, but ultimately happy.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Just looked through all 893 posts and there are some really great POs and photos in this thread! I didn't, however, know that I was part of the extreme minority as I am looking to get a Planet Ocean "Deep Black" the one that is all blacked out ceramic. I think I only saw 2 or 3 of those in this entire thread! I was totally expecting to see a lot more of them, but I guess they are not as popular as I expected. I'm still gonna get one! But love all of them that have been shown here. Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Just looked through all 893 posts and there are some really great POs and photos in this thread! I didn't, however, know that I was part of the extreme minority as I am looking to get a Planet Ocean "Deep Black" the one that is all blacked out ceramic. I think I only saw 2 or 3 of those in this entire thread! I was totally expecting to see a lot more of them, but I guess they are not as popular as I expected. I'm still gonna get one! But love all of them that have been shown here. Thanks for sharing.
Those "Deep Black" PO's are VERY nice! I wouldn't mind having one either....but they come with a pretty sizeable price tag, even on the 2nd hand market. A price tag that I'd need to wait till closer to retirement. HA! That said, I don't think it's for a lack of not wanting them.

If money was no object, I'd have the black and red one for sure!

Reactions: usmc_k9_vet

·
Registered
286 Posts
Those "Deep Black" PO's are VERY nice! I wouldn't mind having one either....but they come with a pretty sizeable price tag, even on the 2nd hand market. A price tag that I'd need to wait till closer to retirement. HA! That said, I don't think it's for a lack of not wanting them.

I was thinking the same thing regarding the hefty price tag, but I’ve also seen a ton of POs in this very thread with hefty price tags as well. Looks like they can be had new on Chrono 24 for under $8k.

·
Registered
407 Posts

This exactly! I tried one on in Vegas and loved it. But the price was way too high, especially compared to a standard PO. With a flip, I got my standard 39.5 black dial PO for about 1/4 the price of the deep black.

Reactions: pdaigle

·
Registered
561 Posts
I always felt that its way too glossy, but maan, now I love it... Have to try it now
I'm actually of the same opinion, I'd prefer if the dial was enamel or matte and not ceramic — however, in the right light, this thing is gorgeous.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I was thinking the same thing regarding the hefty price tag, but I’ve also seen a ton of POs in this very thread with hefty price tags as well. Looks like they can be had new on Chrono 24 for under $8k.

For the red and black one, the best deal I've seen is right around $6K...but that is few and far on that price tag. Definitely very nice references and probably worth every penny....just not right now for me....but some day....some day. :)

Reactions: usmc_k9_vet
881 - 900 of 1194 Posts