Registered
1,263 Posts
PO 42 on DiModell Chronissimo

Attachments

Reactions: zombaid and TSC

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Curious, which do you prefer - based on design alone.
There are things I really like about the new 8900.

The accuracy has been phenomenal. Its about +1 over 3 days.

I like the peace of mind I get with its anti-magnetic properties. Especially when working acound technology equipment.

I have had both the 45mm and the 42mm in the gen 2 8500. I always felt the 45 was a little big. Sold it, bought a 42. The 42 had a challenging circumference to height ratio. I would say the size is the sweet spot on this at 43.5mm.

The new adjustable clasp is now a must have on an Omega for me. I have worn a Pelagos with an adjustable clasp for some time now. This becomes a feature that is hard to live without. Its presence on the new PO is a a big plus. That said I know it can be added to an 8500.

The glossier ceramic bezel and dial is a wild card. I have not liked it as well on the black models. However in the blue it is reminiscent of my blue SMPc. Omega has done an interesting thing in it's color choice. It is a true chameleon. It looks different in almost every lighting situation. It ranges from appearing black, deep blue, cobalt blue, royal blue, etc. It is a pleasure to behold. 98% of the time it is gorgeous and rich. 2% of the time it looks like crap. In intense direct light it is a shade of blue I don't find appealing.

It hasn't left my wrist since it landed. I love it. Until the next shiny thing comes along :)

·
Registered
220 Posts
There are things I really like about the new 8900.

The accuracy has been phenomenal. Its about +1 over 3 days.

I like the peace of mind I get with its anti-magnetic properties. Especially when working acound technology equipment.

I have had both the 45mm and the 42mm in the gen 2 8500. I always felt the 45 was a little big. Sold it, bought a 42. The 42 had a challenging circumference to height ratio. I would say the size is the sweet spot on this at 43.5mm.

The new adjustable clasp is now a must have on an Omega for me. I have worn a Pelagos with an adjustable clasp for some time now. This becomes a feature that is hard to live without. Its presence on the new PO is a a big plus. That said I know it can be added to an 8500.

The glossier ceramic bezel and dial is a wild card. I have not liked it as well on the black models. However in the blue it is reminiscent of my blue SMPc. Omega has done an interesting thing in it's color choice. It is a true chameleon. It looks different in almost every lighting situation. It ranges from appearing black, deep blue, cobalt blue, royal blue, etc. It is a pleasure to behold. 98% of the time it is gorgeous and rich. 2% of the time it looks like crap. In intense direct light it is a shade of blue I don't find appealing.

It hasn't left my wrist since it landed. I love it. Until the next shiny thing comes along :)
Nice read, enjoy your watch! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
561 Posts
@vindic8 Like you I was torn between the 8500 42 and the 8900 blue. The 8900 blue looked stunning 99% of the time (I'd give it the extra 1%)…but in a well-lit room seen from directly above I just couldn't deal with that 1%. Plus the silicon balance is plenty antimagnetic for the average Joe so I decided on the 8500. I still feel VERY envious when I see the 8900 most times though!

Reactions: Vindic8

·
Registered
1,743 Posts

·
Registered
5,470 Posts
141 - 160 of 1194 Posts