WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
5,020 Posts
What exactly is this Invicata thingy?
I call it a monstrosity against all good tastes and sensibility. They call it a Sub-Aqua Noma III. I have no pics....I would have to find it in one of the drawers in the back and try not to feel like I am making a badly shot .... movie with the ugliest actors possible and bad music in the background while taking the pic. I would then have to drive it back into the drawer with a angry mob of village people with pitchforks and torches screaming "Kill the monster". All shot in black and white with the lightning crashes and a windmill.

·
Registered
5,020 Posts
The watch below....I'm not ashamed of. But my impulsiveness may be something to be ashamed of..... This talk of Invicta reminded me that the company was not always all flash and no substance. They actually made watches. Not all in house but still....actual wearable non blindingly ugly over exaggerated hyped hunks of metal that happen to tell time.

Just picked this up $20 shipped and running.

s-l1600 (13).jpg

s-l1600 (14).jpg

Shameful impulse..... but such is the addiction.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Hm, I see no need for shame by any of the posters so far!

My wife makes fun of my 50's Bulova tank watches, saying they are girly :D but I am unashamed of them.

How about this sad frankenseiko, with odd second hand (this cannot be original, right?), Beat up case, cracked crystal, and generic NH35 movement?

I kind of got had a couple times, early on, impatiently buying Seikos from India.

Although to be fair at least it runs and keeps decent time...

Sent from my Timex Sinclair 1000 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,777 Posts
This talk of Invicta reminded me that the company was not always all flash and no substance.
This may have something to do with the fact, that the current Invicta is just a "zombie" brand. Nothing to do with the old Invicta at all. Just a trademark of a defunct company, which has been purchased by a certain money-hungry parvenue with no notion of style and good taste.

·
Registered
3,822 Posts
For me, it has to be my one jewel REGO SPORT...

View attachment 12724507

I challenge anyone to top it.

Cheers, Ed
Nothing shameful about that!

The second vintage watch I bought (more than 7 years ago) was a deeply shameful Mumbai special - it was immediately relegated to the depths of my drawer. I certainly never wore it.

Tissot.jpg

·
Registered
5,020 Posts
This may have something to do with the fact, that the current Invicta is just a "zombie" brand. Nothing to do with the old Invicta at all. Just a trademark of a defunct company, which has been purchased by a certain money-hungry parvenue with no notion of style and good taste.
Many like that today. LP being one.

While Ball has a quality product....just using the name.

Anything that says Hamilton....just using the name.

Elgin....

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 73 Posts