WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 139 Posts

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought this could be a fun thread where we post the cheaper, fun watches we bought just for nostalgia, or fun.

I recently picked up a Tokyoflash Rorschach Blot Test watch just as artistic expression.

3 modes: Easy - Medium - Difficult

Easy

w1.jpg

Medium

w2.jpg

Difficult

w3.jpg

·
Moderator Public Forum
22,025 Posts
That's a wild and cool watch from Tokyoflash. Does it tell time? lol! Mine is a bit more subdued. We visit auctions and estate sales regularly to feed a couple of habits. At a recent estate sale I rolled the dice on an apparently dead Seiko LCD watch in mint condition for $10.00 What caught my eye was a design that brought back memories of being fascinated by all those early high-tech digital watches. So a $5.00 battery renewed a Seiko A257-5010 from March 1981.

740892436_tp.jpg

·
Registered
3,107 Posts

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Love a nice pocket watch, big lover of nostalgia and classic movies and history.

·
Registered
3,107 Posts

Reactions: Kittysafe

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
IMG_1736_zps029549ac.jpg

Got this one because it was on a super cheap clearance online, and the bright yellow seemed, as you say, fun. One reason for the price may be that it came in a box that looked like something from the 70's, obviously not the original current blue box. Anyway, figured it would be good for yardwork time, but the funny thing is that it has a 4R36A and may be my most accurate watch (about +4), and as usual with Seiko, you get quality construction whether you ask for it or not. /fanboy.

·
Registered
7,728 Posts

1 - 20 of 139 Posts