WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 16358 Posts
C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
After seeing all of the various "mods" threads I thought maybe we should have a clearing house sort of thread that everyone could post to. Sticky maybe?

Here is my 007 done by Yobokies. New dial, hands, aluminum chapter ring and GMT bezel on a Jurgens Flieger strap.

And here it is on a Watchadoo:

·
Banned
11,612 Posts
Since you asked, here are a few of my mods:

Blackout (the newest):

Destro Pam Homage:

SandHog:

Night Flyer:

6309 GMT Rally diver:

SKX011J:

6309 Doxeiko:

Satin Finished Grenade:

6106 Porthole:

Orange 6119 Sportdiver:

Brown 6119 sportdiver:

and while not mine, here are the four watches for the upcoming auction, 3 of which I helped design (the 3 on the right):

·
Registered
224 Posts
BUMP........This is an EXCELLENT Thread to spark many of our imaginations
and possibly get some people WORK ! ! ! ! !

Thanks,
Mark

·
Banned
11,612 Posts
^^Nice watch. Where did you get this done (or get the parts from)? I haven't seen that dial before...|>|>
I did the work myself, together with my friend andy and Kevin Mc who is a member here, over the course of an evening, two pizzas and several beers. Sadly I think I might have had one beer too many as a bracelet end cap I was working on ended going down the kitchen drain never to be seen again.

The dial was made by an SCWF member several years ago (long before Noah's Soxas ever existed); The chapter ring is the original one repeinted to match the dial; the hands are Bill Yao's; the watch is a 6309-7040; the insert is from an SBBN007 Tuna; and the day and date wheel are an Italian/english set I took out of a donor 6119 I got from Israel. the watch is mounted on a black and Orange Meyhoffer strap. Here is a better picture of the watch where you can see the strap (it's the one on the left):

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I really dig the bezel on the Sand Hog and Night Flyer. Did you machine them from the original bezel or are they aftermarket?

·
Banned
11,612 Posts
I really dig the bezel on the Sand Hog and Night Flyer. Did you machine them from the original bezel or are they aftermarket?
They are original rotating bezels that have been turned on a lathe by Jack Alexyon, to remove the knurls and the insert recess. Jack had one PVD coated and I had the other one blasted to match the rest of the watch.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Since you asked, here are a few of my mods:

Blackout (the newest):

Destro Pam Homage:

SandHog:

Night Flyer:

6309 GMT Rally diver:

SKX011J:

6309 Doxeiko:

Satin Finished Grenade:

6106 Porthole:

Orange 6119 Sportdiver:

Brown 6119 sportdiver:

and while not mine, here are the four watches for the upcoming auction, 3 of which I helped design (the 3 on the right):

:p:p Those are one of a kind too many... Gabe. You have a talent for watch design....:-!

·
Registered
171 Posts
Wow people lots of cools stuff.
I did a bunch but never take any pics, Ithsmus has seen most of them.
here is one I did a year or two ago, Blasted 6309. Parts from the usual sources. Fun to put together, a buddy has it now.

Here is the first one I did,probably in 2003? maybe 2004?
a while ago. 6309 basic bead blast custom bracelet, blasted and plated chapter ring the bracelet is a ZRC president and some end links I made
I miss the bracelet.

I Have a PVD 6309 with MKII parts that I need to take pics of.

I have a few that I need to get too have all the parts, just need the time.
I have a full tuna bezel/ 6309 case hybrid
and a SAR mod I need to finish.

kmc

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
Just got this back today! Duarte put a set of MKII hands and blasted the case and bracelet!! the watch is smokin' hot now and duarte does great work!

1 - 20 of 16358 Posts