WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

16921 - 16940 of 17074 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Just back from my local watchmaker, restored back to life with a new movement. Seiko SKX007 bought second-hand from ebay and modded with parts donated by a kind soul on here years ago.

The dial is a Seiko 5 Sports one which I also bought on ebay, with the Seiko badge removed - you can see the mounting holes either side of the hour hand. I think the chapter ring is original, if memory serves.. The bezel came from an American website, the name escapes me right now.. and the hands were very generously donated by a kind soul who had them lying in his spares drawer.

A beater as you can see (it looks nowhere near as bad in the flesh), this is my work watch and the aesthetic aim was something of a 'military chic'. And in keeping with that theme, I put it on a NATO strap.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Also just back from the watchmaker's, this is my 'leisure' watch; my non-work, non-dressy watch. It has been filling in as my all-day everyday watch because I was unable to get my work watch fixed for a while.

Another SKX007, bought as-is from ebay. I like the fresh, bright, clean and uncluttered look of this mod.

These close-up photos don't-half reveal dirt that simply isn't noticeable or visible to the naked eye! :eek:

·
Registered
554 Posts
Could you share where the seconds hand come from?
Yes, the hands came as a set. I believe I purchased them from ali. I actually had to clip a mm or two off the end of the seconds hand, it was just a bit too long. But the white hand looks great with the white bezel in my opinion.

Edit: yes I just found the hand set on ali:

·
Registered
554 Posts
Stunning mod!!
Thank you buddy. That means a lot coming from you! I've been into modding for a few years now, but never at the level I've been doing it the past few months. It's turned into a nice little hobby for me. I just picked up an oem sto dial so I'll be doing another couple builds here soon.

·
Registered
Seiko, Orient and now Addiesdive
595 Posts
16921 - 16940 of 17074 Posts