WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

16941 - 16960 of 17074 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Thank you very much. I was afraid of that.

Anyone know of a field/pilot watch case that is at least 40-41mm?

Or a whole watch - I am looking for something without the diver bezel...
You could put a smooth/pilot style bezel on a dive watch case. get a case that fits skx007 bezels, and find a smooth one. Lots of companies sell them.

·
Registered
542 Posts
That’s really nice!

Just back from my local watchmaker, restored back to life with a new movement. Seiko SKX007 bought second-hand from ebay and modded with parts donated by a kind soul on here years ago.

The dial is a Seiko 5 Sports one which I also bought on ebay, with the Seiko badge removed - you can see the mounting holes either side of the hour hand. I think the chapter ring is original, if memory serves.. The bezel came from an American website, the name escapes me right now.. and the hands were very generously donated by a kind soul who had them lying in his spares drawer.

A beater as you can see (it looks nowhere near as bad in the flesh), this is my work watch and the aesthetic aim was something of a 'military chic'. And in keeping with that theme, I put it on a NATO strap.

View attachment 15879469

·
Registered
8,052 Posts
You could put a smooth/pilot style bezel on a dive watch case. get a case that fits skx007 bezels, and find a smooth one. Lots of companies sell them.
I know, I used that already. See below. What I am looking for is a case with crown at 3, hopefully not as chunky. But open to suggestions. I saw a case on the Namoki site, but by the time I get all the parts I am over $400...

IMG_4598.jpg
IMG_4600.jpg
IMG_4601.jpg
IMG_4605.jpg
IMG_4606.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
5,762 Posts
20210514_192843.jpg

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk

Reactions: redSLED

·
Registered
147 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
I had the same problem, the Namoki case was too expensive for me after adding it all up. You can find 39mm field style cases on ebay such as 39mm CUSN8 solid Bronze sapphire glass Watch Case fit Japan NH35 NH36 Movement | eBay but if you need to fit a 28.5mm dial will need a chapter ring. Marcellolipi posted a little while back on this thread using SRP chapter rings for a couple of similar cases. I used the bronze version for a mod (with a larger dial) and was fine.

Not quite a field case but I have also just modded a Bliger NH35 explorer which can be had for around £60 for the whole watch, 39mm case and fits 28.5mm dial. Case comes polished so have given it a brushed finish.

Dagaz Bund 01.jpg

I know, I used that already. See below. What I am looking for is a case with crown at 3, hopefully not as chunky. But open to suggestions. I saw a case on the Namoki site, but by the time I get all the parts I am over $400...

View attachment 15881113 View attachment 15881114 View attachment 15881115 View attachment 15881116 View attachment 15881117

·
Registered
49 Posts
Has anyone here had any dealings with Rob from Monster Watches in the Netherlands? Looking to have some work done but wanna check recommendations first.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Pic from Nathan Goodrich at fourfortyfourpm of my SRPD55 he just finished that should arrive today, I can't wait

Brushed SRPD case - I did this part
CT USA, Brushed LX bezel with ceramic insert, Flat sapphire with clear AR, Chapter ring with red 5 min markers
Tri-color ploguer hands, Yobokies
Will be mounted on a Uncle Seiko curved end waffle strap

·
Registered
Seiko, Orient and now Addiesdive
594 Posts
Beautiful.

Reactions: RJMonterey
16941 - 16960 of 17074 Posts