WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

17061 - 17074 of 17074 Posts

·
Registered
542 Posts
New mod! I just bought this Dagaz Typhoon in the watchuseek sales forum. It had a sapphire crystal and 300m WR, but came with a 7s26 movement. Maybe that’s an older version of the Typhoon? It doesn’t appear that the gray spacer would fit it the case.

Anyways, I swapped a black spacer onto a NH36 movement, and in the process the date stopped functioning. I managed to disassemble and reassemble the dial side and got the date working; my first ever successful fix of a watch malfunction! Then after all that work I swapped in a non date dial 😂.

I used a sterile version of a classic Seiko dial, and kept the Dagaz hands.

Hope you like it!
92E8D110-53D2-455C-87CF-509B6AA30531.jpeg
13C47F11-619D-4899-B95B-2A15E6C6E868.jpeg

·
Registered
8,052 Posts
New mod! I just bought this Dagaz Typhoon in the watchuseek sales forum. It had a sapphire crystal and 300m WR, but came with a 7s26 movement. Maybe that’s an older version of the Typhoon? It doesn’t appear that the gray spacer would fit it the case.

Anyways, I swapped a black spacer onto a NH36 movement, and in the process the date stopped functioning. I managed to disassemble and reassemble the dial side and got the date working; my first ever successful fix of a watch malfunction! Then after all that work I swapped in a non date dial 😂.

I used a sterile version of a classic Seiko dial, and kept the Dagaz hands. The new stem doesn’t have any gaskets yet, so I’ll have to fix that soon.

Hope you like it!
View attachment 15946685 View attachment 15946686
Thank you for posting and great that you did it all yourself and resolved the problems on the way.

As far as I know the Typhoon has the crown right at 4 o'clock. The other 6105 homages normally have the crown below 4 o'clock. The SKX has the crown a little above 4 o'clock.

I don't know what dial or how you installed it, but it came out a little crooked. It seems that the dial is tilted counterclockwise a bit. The 4 marker should be lined up with the crown.

If you did that on purpose that's fine of course. But I thought to mention it.

·
Registered
542 Posts
You’re totally right… I didn’t notice it right away, but it is crooked. I bought the dial on ebay, and it had three pairs of dial feet; this was the pair closest to straight. Well, for now I guess I’ll keep it like this. Maybe eventually I’ll cut these dial feet off and switch to dial dots? Overall I really like the dial.

Thank you for posting and great that you did it all yourself and resolved the problems on the way.

As far as I know the Typhoon has the crown right at 4 o'clock. The other 6105 homages normally have the crown below 4 o'clock. The SKX has the crown a little above 4 o'clock.

I don't know what dial or how you installed it, but it came out a little crooked. It seems that the dial is tilted counterclockwise a bit. The 4 marker should be lined up with the crown.

If you did that on purpose that's fine of course. But I thought to mention it.

·
Registered
8,052 Posts
You’re totally right… I didn’t notice it right away, but it is crooked. I bought the dial on ebay, and it had three pairs of dial feet; this was the pair closest to straight. Well, for now I guess I’ll keep it like this. Maybe eventually I’ll cut these dial feet off and switch to dial dots? Overall I really like the dial.
If you want to make it totally straight yes, you would have to clip the feet and tape it or use dial dots to attach it to the movement. If it does not bother you you should just keep it as is, I think dial feet are more stable then tape or dots.

Or you can move the whole dial/movement assembly to one of the 6105 homages from China, Sharkey, Steeldive, and similar, they have the crown right below the 4 o'clock position and it seems it might fit in that case. But you might have to use a thinner movement holder... not sure about that.

Incidentally I have a similar project where I want to use a SKX type dial on one of those 6105 cases, the dial would be crooked the other way, clockwise... I am kind of contemplating that... only because I don't feel like removing the feet... :)

·
Registered
542 Posts
Thanks for the info!
If you want to make it totally straight yes, you would have to clip the feet and tape it or use dial dots to attach it to the movement. If it does not bother you you should just keep it as is, I think dial feet are more stable then tape or dots.

Or you can move the whole dial/movement assembly to one of the 6105 homages from China, Sharkey, Steeldive, and similar, they have the crown right below the 4 o'clock position and it seems it might fit in that case. But you might have to use a thinner movement holder... not sure about that.

Incidentally I have a similar project where I want to use a SKX type dial on one of those 6105 cases, the dial would be crooked the other way, clockwise... I am kind of contemplating that... only because I don't feel like removing the feet... :)

·
Registered
175 Posts
If you want to go with an OEM Seiko dial including date window - you can take this -

If It’s on stock -

or the original S-Wave dial without cutting dial feet

The result of both

·
Registered
234 Posts
Broke the bezel insert in half while i was trying to change the chamfered edge crystal to a new double dome crystal.

same insert, new double dome sapphire and a new blacked out crown (was using a stainless steel crown previously)

·
Registered
175 Posts
Oh wow, that is nice. Always fun to see someone think outside the box. Well done!
Thanks for kind words. To find the right match with an OEM case is more difficult but it’s great if all parts fits together. For this 4h case it needs long time to find a OEM dial and after I found a dial without indices I needed the right chapter.

17061 - 17074 of 17074 Posts