WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

241 - 260 of 301 Posts

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #242
I had never heard of Seals before. Hope they end up making that jet black version.
I’ve always thought they put out some intriguing, distinctive designs. (Though this one is probably their most derivative.)

Would love to try a Seals at some point.

40 and 20 recently did a good interview with the guy behind the brand. Seems a good dude.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: creepy ross

·
Registered
173 Posts
I’ve always thought they put out some intriguing, distinctive designs. (Though this one is probably their most derivative.)

Would love to try a Seals at some point.

40 and 20 recently did a good interview with the guy behind the brand. Seems a good dude.

Thanks, I'll check it out

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #247

1972 Benrus Skin Diver / Cousin to Devil Diver
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Our first Benrus :cool:

And lots of information available about the brand, since they were recently relaunched 🥳

Profiles of some cool vintage divers from the brand (since it's a skin diver thread, after all 😉):

History of the brand:

The well-known military Benrus Types I and II:

The relaunch of the brand:

Reactions: jlow28

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #248
Our first Invicta :cool:

I definitely cut my modding chops on some Pro Divers 👊

And they had some cool vintage divers back in the day too 🏊‍♀️

Interesting vintage-to-now historical accounts of this major modern-day brand:

Reactions: jsinnard

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #249
The Zelos Blacktip is looking like quite the value prop in the $400-500 range—with the unique riff/creative design flourishes, ceramic bezel insert, sapphire crystal, and quick-adjust clasp (very similar to the CW C60 Trident Pro clasp’s look and function)—per YouTuber looks:

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #252 (Edited)
Super cool, albeit pricey, collection of vintage 666 skin divers (by Schild & Co./A. Schild for themselves—including sub-company Orator—and Aqualung and AMF/Voit) for sale, with some interesting accompanying explanations (and more pictures of each):

I want me a crown bezel skin diver—especially that wildly awesome Aqualung :

Chrono version:

Too many cool affordables I’d have to give up to justify/rationalize it, though

The AMF/Voit is rad too:

For Orator’s part, it was reportedly a brand of A. Schild’s:

And about A. Schild, to whom all of the lot owe credit:

Didn’t know the “A.” stood for Adolph, and that there were historical (family) connections with Eterna, including in relation to the eventual merger of A. Schilds with ETA circa the quartz crisis.

Reactions: BobMartian

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #253
The final Seals Sea Storm preorders opened today.

6 variants.

IDK about the un-lumed indices (it looks at least), but everything else looks to me.

I love that sea foam bezel . . .

Reactions: thejollywatcher

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #255
Skindivers really do come in all shapes and sizes...
[/ATTACH type="full" alt="15655166"]15655166[/ATTACH]
l[/ATTACH type="full" alt="15655168"]15655168[/ATTACH]

Maybe our first dual crowns in the thread?

I was able to dig up a tiny bit about the Squale-cased Ocean Diver/Blanford S.A. (for “Sub Aqua”), reportedly a former UK-based distributor of dive products.

Unfortunately, I can’t quite make out the brand on the dial of the other watch?

·
Registered
219 Posts

Maybe our first dual crowns in the thread?

I was able to dig up a tiny bit about the Squale-cased Ocean Diver/Blanford S.A. (for “Sub Aqua”), reportedly a former UK-based distributor of dive products.

Unfortunately, I can’t quite make out the brand on the dial of the other watch?

I've had three of these dual crown squale cased watches - another Blandford and this Oscar. I sold the other Blandford - it had the same colour dial as the Oscar and the same black and white bezel as the silver dialled Blandford. I know they were badged by others as well. Search 'Worn and Wound - Exactus Squale' The watches with the Squale branded case backs are 20 Atmos and are marked 'Supermatic' on the dial.

The other one is just a generic dial used again by quite a few unknown retailers/suppliers (I couldn't find out anything about them before I bought it ) but has a great funky fully polished case shape that I couldn't resist - seen similar ones by Pontiac and Radiant on Chrono24. I initially thought it was perhaps the same case as the Squales but without the bezel but comparing them in hand I'm not so sure. None of these are super compressors.

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #258
I applaud your relentless research CK

I can’t keep up!
Thanks, boats.

The lack of a central source for ongoing deets on the endless variety of these oft-squared-lugged delights, and the short legs of prior skin diver threads, has me enjoying continuing to go down different Google rabbit holes based on new stuff folks post :)

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #260
I've had three of these dual crown squale cased watches - another Blandford and this Oscar. I sold the other Blandford - it had the same colour dial as the Oscar and the same black and white bezel as the silver dialled Blandford. I know they were badged by others as well. Search 'Worn and Wound - Exactus Squale' The watches with the Squale branded case backs are 20 Atmos and are marked 'Supermatic' on the dial.
View attachment 15655485

The other one is just a generic dial used again by quite a few unknown retailers/suppliers (I couldn't find out anything about them before I bought it ) but has a great funky fully polished case shape that I couldn't resist - seen similar ones by Pontiac and Radiant on Chrono24. I initially thought it was perhaps the same case as the Squales but without the bezel but comparing them in hand I'm not so sure. None of these are super compressors.
View attachment 15655535
Hmm, I do see that similarity with vintage Pontiac and Radiant models; e.g.,

There’s actually a little bit of info about the historically Belgian and Dutch watch company Pontiac (which until sometime in the 70s had a long P in its logo), which was seemingly “resurrected” in 2014:

Couldn’t find squat on Radiant nor Oscar worth sharing :/

241 - 260 of 301 Posts