WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what's the story on these watches? are they affordable? does anyone have a source for them? i have seen a couple that i really like a lot (pix posted on what-u-wearin, etc).

:thanks

·
Premium Member
10,568 Posts
A quick search found them only on ShopNBC and a few internet sites, including the Bay. Sounds like another internet brand from what I can find out.

·
Registered
17,513 Posts
Hope this helps.. Yes Invicta bought what was left of there stock and have started using the design in several new watches ie he Prowler. If you can find one of the original you will be hard pressed to find a better watch.

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
Hmm...it is an interesting watch. For $300 more you can get a 7751 valjoux watch kit from ofrei.com. Of course that would actually require you to assemble it...which could be fun...or expensiveB-) . Funny how I keep coming up with different options for an upcoming gift:) . Anyway, to get back on track, does the bezel rotate? It looks like it may, but I can't be certain.

edit-->I just discovered that shopnbc has an ebay presence, and that they sold a demo for under $400.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ShopNBC-Potger-...ryZ31387QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

·
Registered
17,513 Posts
No rotating bezel, and like the man said if you can find one grab it. I have to give it a nine just for being different. Great pushers and a dial that is easy to read, A 7750 at 100M how can you go wrong.
Gary:-!

·
Registered
33 Posts
If you have ever been through an earthquake, you know how "so what?" this story is. Anything that small can easily go unscathed in one of many pockets created by piles of debris. You notice that it doesn't say that the watch was actually touched by debris? That's because it was fortunate enough to be in a protected pocket under the debris.

Pure and simple, it's a marketing gimmick.

·
Registered
13,407 Posts
If you have ever been through an earthquake, you know how "so what?" this story is. Anything that small can easily go unscathed in one of many pockets created by piles of debris. You notice that it doesn't say that the watch was actually touched by debris? That's because it was fortunate enough to be in a protected pocket under the debris.

Agreed. Still a good looking watch.
Worth the price is up to the purchaser as in all things.

·
Registered
17,513 Posts

I think we all know that. Just like many . It is a well built watch with a good movement, I just posted the info for those that have not seen there ads. I have lived in California most of my life so I surely know what shaky ground is. Pretty much a null point as no one is going to find one to buy unless they find a used one or a demo from Slop. But thanks for filling me in ;-)

·
Registered
249 Posts

I'm more concerned about the fact that the only practicality of a watch that could survive an earthquake is that it provides an alternative to dental records.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I think we all know that. Just like many . It is a well built watch with a good movement, I just posted the info for those that have not seen there ads. I have lived in California most of my life so I surely know what shaky ground is. Pretty much a null point as no one is going to find one to buy unless they find a used one or a demo from Slop. But thanks for filling me in ;-)
I'm picking up what you're throwing down.

·
Registered
19 Posts
All I can say is I've had mine for many years now, and I love it. Built like a tank and it looks great, unfortunately Invicta bought the company and turned it into the prowler. Also, I agree, your not going to be buying one anytime soon as I don't think anyone who has one is going to get rid of it. Just my humble opinion

1 - 15 of 15 Posts