WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So for the past few weeks, I've been trying to decide on a midsized diver to accompany my seiko divers

I concluded that for my next watch I couldn't get a Sumo, but I still wanted a midrange Seiko...

While browsing Chino's site I stumbled across the SBPP001 Power Design project watch!

I was instantly bit with the bug because I have always been a big fan of the Speedmaster, and this seemed like a great Seiko chrono resembling it.

My automatic watch snobbery faded when I saw how beautiful this thing was! It is light, super thin, the perfect size and I don't need to baby it or worry about it stopping!

Enough of me talking... MORE PICS

2nvgqe1.jpg

I know you guys are suckers for SELs...
23hngvq.jpg

Can't rave enough about Chino's service. The watch arrived to the US within 4 days of ordering!

I think these watches don't get enough love around here. Let me know what you think :-d

·
Registered
653 Posts
I honestly don't ever look twice at anything remotely suggesting 'chronograph', but this one is gorgeous...just a pleasure to gaze at. I like it...a lot. Ya did good.

·
Registered
6,645 Posts
Looking great, any idea what movement it has?

I loved my share of seiko diver as well as quartz chrono, the 7t62 has a 1/4 second sweep on the chrono hand, full dial lume(including chrono hand), alarm, dual time zone display(hour and minute) which I don't even get from my tag heuer ETA g10:-x

Attachments

Reactions: monsters

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Looking great, any idea what movement it has?

I loved my share of seiko diver as well as quartz chrono, the 7t62 has a 1/4 second sweep on the chrono hand, full dial lume(including chrono hand), alarm, dual time zone display(hour and minute) which I don't even get from my tag heuer ETA g10:-x
This watch as the same 7t62-0JF0 movement (should be the same movement but the manual says that the sweep is 1/5 second for the chrono hand). What model would yours be? Its making me drool a little haha...

Also, if you use the alarm dial as the second time zone, will the alarm sound for the main time zone or the second time zone?

·
Registered
6,645 Posts
it's one or the other, for me dual time zone at this price point is real treat.

you might be right about the 1/5 second chrono hand, I just eyeball it.

Seiko Chronograph SNAA61
Seiko Flight Tachymeter SND253(oyster)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts