WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

I'm a first time automatic/winding watch owner. I bought a genuine, in great condition PAM 287 from someone. When it arrived, I noticed the time off by several hours but the seconds were moving.

I set the time and wore it for about an hour. I placed it in my watch case and 24 hours later the watch had stopped. When I moved to pick it up, the seconds started again. I'm concerned because I read that it has a 42h reserve.

Can someone explain the best way to recharge the spring in the watch? Should I be winding it in position 1 and also wearing it?

Any help is much appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
679 Posts
Well winding it fully is a good start. You said it arrived in the mail and you wore it an hour. The power reserve was probably dead and it was only running because of jostling in the mail. Then wearing it every day or every other day would keep it wound.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well winding it fully is a good start. You said it arrived in the mail and you wore it an hour. The power reserve was probably dead and it was only running because of jostling in the mail. Then wearing it every day or every other day would keep it wound.

Thanks, I tried winding it today and am wearing it for several hours. Will try to see how long it lasts once I put it down.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts