WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Between the PP Aquanaut (5167A) vs the Rolex Daytona Steel Ceramic (116500LN) in white dial, which one is more difficult to obtain from an AD? Let's assume there is some moderate purchase history. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
9,883 Posts
Between the PP Aquanaut (5167A) vs the Rolex Daytona Steel Ceramic (116500LN) in white dial, which one is more difficult to obtain from an AD? Let's assume there is some moderate purchase history. Thanks in advance!
At my AD you would get the 5167 first but we aren't talking about an inconsequential wait for either. If the current secondary market holds you could get on the list for a 5167 then when you get it flip it for $40k and buy the Daytona C from a broker for the inflated $~24k price and you will have your Daytona for a lot less than list.

·
Registered
125 Posts
You could probably get a Daytona first to be honest there are a few success stories on the Rolex thread of people who have gotten them fairly quickly.

As for the aquanaut, I have asked around and they won't even put me on the waitlist. Maybe i'm having bad luck with the AD

·
Registered
4,060 Posts
Depends on the AD and the other customers he has on the waiting list for either. Both are fairly ridiculously difficult to get but if you pushed me on it I would say the Rolex is slightly harder to get.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Yup largely depends. Its not very transparent which is part of the surprise and pain of it all I guess haha.

·
Registered
54 Posts
The steel daytona is more difficult

·
Registered
124 Posts
Not to hijack the thread, but if I'm considering the purchase of a VC Overseas, is it preferable to buy at an AD that also sells Patek, etc. (i.e., Watches of Switzerland, Wempe or Tourneau) vs. the VC boutique? Would asking for a Patek Aquanaut at the time you're buying a VC Overseas land you on a waiting list at such an AD?

·
Registered
3,087 Posts
Not to hijack the thread, but if I'm considering the purchase of a VC Overseas, is it preferable to buy at an AD that also sells Patek, etc. (i.e., Watches of Switzerland, Wempe or Tourneau) vs. the VC boutique? Would asking for a Patek Aquanaut at the time you're buying a VC Overseas land you on a waiting list at such an AD?
It definitely wouldnt hurt. If you're hoping to build a multibrand relationship, with only 1 or 2 pieces from each brand, I'd use that strategy.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I would say the Aquanaut, though personally I would concentrate on the Daytona if you want to own it over the long term. Not too long ago the Aquanaut languished in the cases, while the Daytona was selling over retail since I got into watches in the late 90s (and probably long before).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Banned
1,225 Posts
Based on discussions I've had regarding getting a Nautilus or Aquanaut, neither is at all hard to get. They are, however, hard/slow to obtain at MSRP.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts