WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. I'm considering purchasing a PRC 200 (black face, yellow hand) and am debating between a leather strap and metal bracelet. I'm leaning towards purchasing it with the metal bracelet, and replacing it with a leather band so I have the versatility of wearing it with either. I personally think it looks better with a black leather strap. As I'm a newbie when it comes to watches, I wanted to verify from those who know better whether the model with the metal bracelet can even take a leather strap or if it has some sort of a proprietary connector? I'm looking specifically at T055.417.11.057.00. Thanks for any assistance!

·
Registered
4,993 Posts
Nothing proprietary.
As long as the width is correct for the space between the lugs and the length appropriate to your wrist you should be fime.

Get new springbars - I don't like to use the same bars on diffrent bracelets/straps.

Look at "Rallye" Straps -they look great with a chrono.

·
Premium Member
73,611 Posts
If you have any doubts at all buy the watch on a bracelet and put a strap on it afterwards. This is by far the cheapest way to do things and besides Tissot make lovely watches and not so good straps. There are loads of straps out there for you to pick from so enjoy shopping.

·
Registered
196 Posts
I am a newbie as well and I picked this watch up about a month ago. I love it. The thing that stinks is it is a 19mm lug size. Which if you haven't noticed yet is a really odd size. The selection is super limited. I am a leather band fan so that is what I use. You will find that 20mm leather bands typically fit just fine so that broadens your choices quite a bit.

I purchased the original with a metal one so I could have it when I wanted. I think I have used that twice now...

Hope that helps!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Thanks for your replies. I think the bracelet version would be the way to go with the PRC 200. The bracelet is really attractive with the two-tone brushed and polish design and is also lightweight. It is a real shame it has 19mm lugs though. It seems there are only about 1/4 the watch bands available for 19mm - maybe less. How hard is it to get a 20mm band to fit?

I absolutely love the PRC 200 black face with yellow, and think it's one of the best looking faces out there. I'm not entirely sold on the case though, specifically the bezel. It's a bit bright and shiny for my tastes after seeing it in person. I've seen others refer to it as bling. It certainly doesn't look like the obviously enhanced picture on Tissot's website, where the bezel looks brushed, which I personally think would be a bit more attractive. I'm concerned over scratches being extremely visible on the highly polished bezel. Most Tissot bezels actually seem very shiny and highly polished compared to some other brands. The case is also a bit thick at 13mm. It's still my favorite, but combined with the 19mm lug, I'm going to look a bit harder at comparable watches to make sure I make the best choice. Does anyone have any suggestions for comparable design/quality watches I should look at?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts