WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I'm looking to purchase a Tissot and was hoping to get some advice from the Tissot experts (just learned from the AD yesterday its actually "Tea-so" and not "Tiss-ott" Lol).

This is to be my casual everyday watch. I'm not looking for anything too dressy as I already own a Hamilton Jazzmaster auto which I love but don't like to wear every day.

Budget is limited to Quartz I guess and I know I can pick these two up for a decent price.

Please help me decide out of these two watches

PRC200 T055.417.17.057.00

prc200.png

Pros
- Price
- light weight
- classy and clean look

Cons
- Most popular Tissot range
- lots of fakes
- bit of a boring choice I guess?

T-Race T048.417.37.057.00

Trace.png

Pros
- Design is a bit more stand-out / interesting to me
- More casual

Cons
- More expensive (top end of my budget)
- Not sure about black on black?
- I think the strap needs to be cut to resize?
- Not sure about the date magnifer as it seems to distort the design of the dial behind it?
- Not much love for these on WUS?

Please help me out here!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
64,834 Posts
Since I suspect that both watches have the same movement in them (G10.211) it is down to which one you like the look of best. IMHO that is the PRC200.

·
Registered
187 Posts
If we're talking about cosmetic comparison please go with the one you like. It is you who's going to wear the watch. :)

·
Registered
317 Posts
T-Race for me...

They also come in a few other colour variations too. Worth checking out.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Thanks red_dave,

Whats peoples view on the stealth look? I know the dial is less legible but I think it's usable.
I gave my mate a V8 (Black dial on bracelet) and it kicked off his obsession. He then bought the T-Race like the one you are looking at. Now whilst he loves it to pieces, wears it less often because it just doesn't really stand out (esp compared to the V8).

I love the T-Race concept and bought one 5 years ago. The design of the watch, makes it in my opinion i.e. the slotted brake disc & caliper, date magnifier etc. The impact of this you loose with the stealth model.

But - everything is up to personal opinion so go try them both on and go with the one YOU like more.

Or buy them both ;)

·
Registered
436 Posts
Hi WatchAK,

This is to be my casual everyday watch.

PRC 200 Pros
- light weight
- classy and clean look

T-Race Pros
- Design is a bit more stand-out / interesting to me
- More casual

Please help me out here!
I'm with Red_Dave on this one - ultimately - like most of us on here, you will buy both.

My guess is you will get the T-Race first as it matches your need for a "Casual" watch, and it is a healthy rebellion against the PRC 200 popularity. ...And then, slowly but surely you will see the need for a more "Classy and clean" watch.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Hi WatchAK,

I'm with Red_Dave on this one - ultimately - like most of us on here, you will buy both.

My guess is you will get the T-Race first as it matches your need for a "Casual" watch, and it is a healthy rebellion against the PRC 200 popularity. ...And then, slowly but surely you will see the need for a more "Classy and clean" watch.
Thanks All, I

Guess I just need to get myself back to the AD. I'll probably end up buying something completely different as i've been looking at divers and dress watches all weekend.

I actually saw a used TAG in a pawn shop window priced @ £299.00 but I can't be sure on the authenticity. I'm tempted to grab a quick photo and post up on here. If its real it's probably my only chance of owning a TAG ha ha.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts