WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 895 Posts

·
Registered
2,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks like it's based off a vintage model from 1965 — 40mm case, 100m water resistance, crazy domed sapphire crystal (just look at that distortion!), tropic rubber/nato strap options, and an SW200 movement for around 1600USD.

Never heard of the original, but I'm pretty impressed — besides the odd lack of water resistance for something Oris is calling a 'diver.'

New:

Original:

·
Registered
28,501 Posts
Wow. That's a cool looking dive watch! I love the domed crystal aspect and the subtle date treatment! I'd like this better with a formidable Oris bracelet. Without it, I still would have to look hard at the Longines Legend Diver...

·
Registered
3,258 Posts
Looking pretty good... But why only 100m WR? Unless that's a domed acrylic crystal?

sent using a flying carpet

·
Registered
14,006 Posts
I'm disappointed with the aluminum bezel insert. Other than that, it's beautiful, interesting, and sized wonderfully.

Reactions: dinexus

·
Registered
5,850 Posts
It appears they're trying to be as faithful to the original as possible rather than simply design something that's 'inspired' by the original, so things like WR and bezel inserts will be a bit of a 'throwback' by today's standards. Back in the day, 100m of WR was considered excellent, and 200m was incredible. Imagine it, back then people would brag about the fantastic water resistance of their 100m watches. Today all you read on forums are comments from goofballs saying they wouldn't even shower with or splash water on a 100m watch.

·
Registered
3,125 Posts
Great looking watch, and a diver I'd wear... 100 WR is good enough for my needs.

·
Registered
14,006 Posts
Great looking watch, and a diver I'd wear... 100 WR is good enough for my needs.
I would trust 100m from Oris more than I'd trust 300m from a Chinese micro.

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
Swing and a miss.

Just awful.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I really quite like this. At 40mm and a lower price point than say the LLD or Tudor Black Bay, this is really tempting as a summer watch. Wonder when it'll hit stores.

·
Premium Member
61,678 Posts
Oris like to eke the new models out so the leaves could well be falling off the trees before it goes on sale.

·
Registered
153 Posts
I like very much this Oris. May be I will change my DG for this beautiful watch :).

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
I really like that one. Date is not bothering the dial seems perfectly placed.

Love the super doomed crystal and how numerals and all. Really vintage looking.

Size is great at 40mm. I think its a winner.

·
Registered
14,006 Posts
I don't like the shiny bezel. Looks cheap IMO. I really wish they had gone with a brushed ceramic like they've now done many times.

Reactions: jz3
1 - 20 of 895 Posts