WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
81 - 100 of 103 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,112 Posts
Never pre-ordered before, but have two, possibly a third depending on an incoming, and hell if I know a fourth after looking though these pages (didn't know about this stuff till recently)

1. Lew & Huey Spectre, Midnight Black
2. Zelos Helmsman Steel with Brown Dial #2
Shipping notices on L&H and teh Zelos, should be here today/tomorrow or Monday.

Just pre-Ordered Bernhardt's Binnacle World, but I can't find anyone posting about it...
Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Measuring instrument

Here's what I believe is the announcement. I got a confirmation from Fred;
https://www.watchuseek.com/f30/presale-bernhardts-binnacle-world-1039981.html

·
Registered
1,290 Posts

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
I see this pic and start to question my choice of the blue dial... Must stay strong...

;-)
Well it shouldn't be that hard to stay strong based on the DLC version with the orange second hand being sold out! I on the other hand wasn't that strong in that I went back a couple of days ago and also brought the blue dialed (in brushed stainless) version that you eluded too! I do think you're going to really like your original choice because that blue dial might just give you more wear-ability options!

·
Registered
160 Posts
Have these incoming:

1. Melbourne Watch Company, The Hawhorn. (Suj makes some nice designs, will pre-order The Portsea and The Parkville as soon as he launches kickstarter project. Though I think the Parkville will only be on MWC homepage for pre-order...?

2. Zelos Helmsman bronze with brown dial.

3. L&H Legends blue/orange.

The Cerberus and Orthos from L&H i hope i can raise funds for pretty soon, them be some nice designs:) have you seen the prototype pics of the Orthos? Looks just awesome...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
Have these incoming:

1. Melbourne Watch Company, The Hawhorn. (Suj makes some nice designs, will pre-order The Portsea and The Parkville as soon as he launches kickstarter project. Though I think the Parkville will only be on MWC homepage for pre-order...?

2. Zelos Helmsman bronze with brown dial.

3. L&H Legends blue/orange.

The Cerberus and Orthos from L&H i hope i can raise funds for pretty soon, them be some nice designs:) have you seen the prototype pics of the Orthos? Looks just awesome...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Still awaiting my Cerberus. Will probably order the Legends. Which pushes the Orthos far enough down the list that I probably won't get one in pre-order.

·
Registered
11,456 Posts
With the arrival of my Lew & Huey Spectre I now still have these pre-ordered.

1. Lew & Huey Orthos
2. Aevig Huldra
3. HMT 40mm

I plan to order a Lew & Huey Legends but it depends on funds. I need to evaluate my funds situation and see if I can fit it in. There's been a lot of turnover in the collection this year.

·
Registered
193 Posts
While I understand the pre-orders for the Legends, I would think that with production dates on those and with Cerberus and Orthos coming before them, you would hop on the pre-order pricing for those coming soon, then worry about Legends later.

Either way works I suppose, but I went Cerberus, Acionna, Orthos. Next might be Spectre if funds allow. Legends is still a long way away for me, if at all. Would rather have both Orthos color schemes before the Legends.

Another I might hop on to is the Helgray Field Officer. Cost/design is simply within range.

·
Registered
193 Posts
With L&H it is also a balance between what you want the most vs. getting the best pre-order price, as they go up over time.

Sent while distracted.
I suppose I was saying the same thing.

I got the pieces I really wanted out of the way first, at the best possible price.

The rest will come in time, but there are others higher on the list. But I think for right now, I am content where I'm at watch wise.

·
Registered
4,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #92 ·
I suppose I was saying the same thing.

I got the pieces I really wanted out of the way first, at the best possible price.

The rest will come in time, but there are others higher on the list. But I think for right now, I am content where I'm at watch wise.
I would be pretty content if my pre-orders were here. I've started collecting straps, including two custom made from N80, which are now in the mail! ... For watches I don't have yet. How much you wanna bet I dont like them on the straps when they finally get here?

·
Banned
5,646 Posts
I bought someone else's preorder for the White Pilot when I was bored on a long train journey. During the long wait for that, I got 2 HMT 40mms on preorder.

Once I had the White Pilot in my hands, and was experiencing for myself HMT reality, I sold on my preorders for the 40mm (Now I've seen the case for the 40mm, I'm even more glad I got out: the dial is the same size as the Pilot's: the bezel is just much much thicker)

Once OhDark30 offered to sell me her vintage Wostok, I flipped the White Pilot too.

From this I learn that I shouldn't buy things when I can't see exactly what I'm getting, and I shouldn't overestimate my patience. No more pre-orders for me, I guess.

Gratuitous shot of the 60s Wostok:

Analog watch Watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Strap

·
Banned
5,646 Posts
Gratuitous shot of the 60s Wostok:

View attachment 1523575
you sir, are a gentleman, humanitarian of the greatest order. Now I'll go wipe the drool...
Well, its kind of you to admire it so much, but I have to admit, its only got 100m WR and the lume is frankly disappointing ;-)

Despite its loveliness, it was actually the fourth of OhDark30's watches that I enquired after, when she told me she was thinning out her collection.....The first three she (very sensibly) declined to sell.

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
Well, its kind of you to admire it so much, but I have to admit, its only got 100m WR and the lume is frankly disappointing ;-)

Despite its loveliness, it was actually the fourth of OhDark30's watches that I enquired after, when she told me she was thinning out her collection.....The first three she (very sensibly) declined to sell.
Please tell me you didn't ask for the Sekonda? :-d

Was one of the that red dialed Komandirskie? Because my lord that is a great looking watch :-!

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
Blue Sekonda, Red Komandirski and Smiths Jewelled, of course!
Very, Very nice choices but I'm not surprised at all she refused. By Blue Sekonda do you mean the Sunburst one with the Airplane on it? I was just wondering if she'd be willing to part with it myself haha :-d

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
No, her other sunburst blue sekonda!
Oh yes I know the one haha, great watch as well :-d

Kath, if you're reading this we're all Jelly of your collection ;-)

81 - 100 of 103 Posts