WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks, wanted to add a more unique sub homage to my collection and decided on the OVM based on many of the positive reviews I've read. I understand there's some delays on delivery but the site says they are taking pre orders for early September delivery now. Anyone have an idea of when it could be delivered? Thanks!

·
Registered
6,109 Posts
cle, welcome.

Staying on the safe side within a month may be expected however, keep in mind that there is already a significant number of pre-orders from other prospective customers ahead of you. Best contact Steinhart & ask this question of them. It may be you could be in-line to pick one up with the next batch of OVM's dependant on total pre-orders.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
I called Steinhart earlier this week and was told that they can't give an exact estimate on delivery dates, but that they get shipments every 3 weeks or so.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
I ordered an OVM a few days ago, and Gunter told me they're expecting 50 pieces on Monday and 50 pieces on the middle of next week, so he expects I'll get mine pretty soon.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I ordered an OVM a few days ago, and Gunter told me they're expecting 50 pieces on Monday and 50 pieces on the middle of next week, so he expects I'll get mine pretty soon.
Wonder if they are keeping the number low on purpose to drive demand... with the popularity of the OVM I'm guessing they have a lot of pre orders already. The site is still taking pre orders and promises deliveries starting in early September. Part of the fun and excitement of a new watch like this is in the wait and hope that it lives up to they hype.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Wonder if they are keeping the number low on purpose to drive demand... with the popularity of the OVM I'm guessing they have a lot of pre orders already. The site is still taking pre orders and promises deliveries starting in early September. Part of the fun and excitement of a new watch like this is in the wait and hope that it lives up to they hype.
I'd don't think so. ETA movements are just becoming harder and harder to come by, and I believe that is what is causing the hold up.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Today I got an order confirmation stating my order will be processed within the next few days which will be followed by a tracking number upon shipment. Hoping that will by the end of the week. If they are receiving these in shipments of 50 at a time like some folks are saying I'm guessing I'm part of the next batch or maybe the one after. Has anyone gotten confirmations or tracking numbers that ordered within the last week?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Today I got an order confirmation stating my order will be processed within the next few days which will be followed by a tracking number upon shipment. Hoping that will by the end of the week. If they are receiving these in shipments of 50 at a time like some folks are saying I'm guessing I'm part of the next batch or maybe the one after. Has anyone gotten confirmations or tracking numbers that ordered within the last week?
I ordered on the 15th, and got a confirmation email today. Really looking forward to this watch, it would be excellent if it came early.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Sounds like they must have just gotten some OVM's back in stock and are starting to pre fill orders, I only ordered a few days ago and it sounds like everyone that has ordered in the last few weeks is only today starting to get the confirmation. Maybe there weren't as many pre orders for the OVM as I thought there would be.... anyone have a shipping confirmation or tracking number yet?

·
Registered
315 Posts
Ordered mine on 19/7/2013 received mine yesterday 23/8/2013. Loving the watch, never regret not to cancel my order. it's very comfy and right size for me. now the strap hunting time.
Hope all others will receive their watch very soon.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Question to You Gentlemen ... How much total USD to Pre-Order One with USA Delivery ?

This will be my first preorder and first over seas order .. Thanks in Advance

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Question to You Gentlemen ... How much total USD to Pre-Order One with USA Delivery ?

This will be my first preorder and first over seas order .. Thanks in Advance
Could depend on what the Euro goes for against the dollar on that day but yea 295 + 30 Shipping Euro you're in the low 440 range.

Has anyone gotten a shipping notification in the last few days for any watch in the Ocean line? Seems like many including the OVM are on pre order.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Has anyone gotten a shipping notification in the last few days for any watch in the Ocean line? Seems like many including the OVM are on pre order.
Ordered an Ocean One GMT Pepsi and received a notice last Friday that my order would be processed in the next few days and then I'd get a tracking number for shipping. No idea how long until it ships, though, since web site says "delivery not before beginning of September 2013," whatever that means. In fact, I was really unaware I could order one from the arcane language on the Steinhart site--found out here when someone said they were available again.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts