WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. I purchased a DSSD pre-owned from a second hand watch shop early this year and it is without papers. Yes, I know now that it was imprudent so please spare me the lectures. o|

Anyway, having it serviced in the future is inevitable. Would it have any issue if I bring it to the authorized service center? I was told by an AD that the authorized service centers look for papers and will not service a watch without them. Is this true?

Also, is "transfer of ownership" possible without papers (and without contact with the previous owner)?

Thanks in advance.

·
Rolex / Tudor
14,596 Posts
The AD is talking out of where the sun don't shine. They are full of malarkey. You don't need papers to have your watch serviced in the future. If you had a warranty issue, then that is another story. But just for routine service......no papers necessary.....just an authentic watch.

·
Registered
22,213 Posts
Jason is correct and there is nothing wrong with buying a watch without papers.

Sounds like the AD was trying to scare you into buying new.

Jeannie

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the responses. I now have piece of mind. 😊

·
Rolex / Tudor
14,596 Posts
Why do I have the feeling that our friend from Manilla is trying to understand what you just said, lol.
Oops, yes you are probably right David. Maybe I should choose my phrasing a little differently next time. It just makes me mad when people aren't truthful just to try and make a sale:rodekaart

1 - 6 of 6 Posts