WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, this will probably be preaching to the choir for many of you but I got to see my first Bremonts in person this past weekend and have to say I am impressed...

We were in Las Vegas for a Lotus Owners Gathering and so I drug my wife into Tourneau. My interest in Bremont had been gaining here lately so when I discovered that Tourneau carried them I knew I'd have to go check them out (with a tiny hope that wife just might acquiesce to me getting another watch). Anyway, after browsing the entire store (wristwatch overload!) I swung back by the Bremont display and asked the salesman if I could look at a few. Started with the U2, moved on to the ALT1-C, then the Supermarine, and finally the MB II. Was hoping to see a Solo but no such luck. Each Bremont impressed me with it's feeling of quality, design, features... but the MB II (with orange case) was the one that really grabbed me. The orange - to me - doesn't photograph well. Even the best photos here don't do it justice but in person it has a more anodized look - very cool. One thing that stood out about this watch - the feeling of quality from setting the inner rotating bezel. I've handled lots of watches over the years and used many functions - chronograph pushers, rotating bezels, what have you... But nothing I've ever done with a watch has felt as mechanically smooth and precise as that crown moving that rotating bezel. Well done to Nick and Giles and the team.

The salesman tried hard (in a good way) to make a sale, I even had him throwing in the little SB6 silver display model. But it wasn't meant to be - this time. Bremont though has moved to the top of my "next watch purchase" list.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Nothing wrong with tire kicking! If I ever saw an MB II in the flesh I think it would be hard to walk away. LOL!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts