WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 123 Posts

·
Premium Member
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is this a new thing? im fairly new here and never noticed it before on the old format. Is it worth the upgrade? Do you get anything else besides ad free and a badge next to your avatar?

·
Registered
127 Posts
its A new thing I believe as I never saw this as an option before, some are quite annoyed by advertising, But if I were to guess I would say its more to help support the cost of running the site as advertisers pay to advertise here so if you opt out of ads it makes sense to help support the site but maybe a Mod can jump in and clarify

·
Registered
8,791 Posts
Is this a new thing? im fairly new here and never noticed it before on the old format. Is it worth the upgrade? Do you get anything else besides ad free and a badge next to your avatar?
The main Hook is . you dont see Ads... but you can just install Ad Block in your browser... for Free. So, for me there is not much worth into it.

I support WUS.. by being here. (y):coffee:

·
Premium Member
7,263 Posts
I can't install ad blocker in all my browsers and on all my devices--I've tried. And many sites I visit are wise to that action, and won't show me the content I seek unless I disable ad blocker. It's a PITA.

But even more important to me is establishing a customer relationship with VS, not just a user relationship. As a user, they need us, collectively. As a customer, they owe a duty of service to me, specifically. Having that is cheap for $20.

Rick "previously, the customers were only the advertisers" Denney

·
Premium Member
6,721 Posts
The main Hook is . you dont see Ads... but you can just install Ad Block in your browser... for Free. So, for me there is not much worth into it.

I support WUS.. by being here. (y):coffee:
The site would likely not exist without the ads though, so I consider NOT blocking ads to be doing my part to keep the site healthy. Plus, you know... being here. :)

EDIT: Well now I've gone and done it... blocked the ads after all... but by being a premium member.

·
Premium Member
6,721 Posts

·
Registered
3,224 Posts
Maybe take pictures and let us know what the Premium Member Lounge is like, I heard they have chef stations there where they make any kind of omelette you want, personal pizzas and other goodies like top shelve liquors and small batch beers. Anyone have change for $10? I want to get a stale bag of chips from the gedunk and I need 16 quarters.

1 - 20 of 123 Posts