WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just got onto the gshock forum. this is fantastic.

I've either had a square on my wrist or in my top drawer since I was in elementary school. Been taking them apart and trying to modify them since I was a kid. This weekend was the first time I realized there were others out there as weird as I am.

I also discovered that there are 'premium' models... and I need one.

I've read as much as I can on the forum and have a few questions now, if you all don't mind helping me out.

The GW-5000 is the cream of the crop? Right now, that's the one I believe I want.

Are there other 'premium' models that I should investigate? What functions would I be giving up?

The GW is only sold in Japan? Amazon has some online right now. Am I to believe those are the same and pull the trigger? Or do I need to go thru someone in Japan, possibly from WUS?

Thanks a lot. Have really enjoyed browsing around.

B

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
I think the most premium model is the GW-T5030, it's essentially a GW-5000 but made out of titanium instead of stainless steel. You can look for a GW-5000 on ebay, amazon, google seiyajapan or katsu higuchi or look for one on rakuten. Most sellers on ebay/amazon are in Japan.

There is also the GW-S5600 it has a carbon fiber strap and titanium backplate, not as premium as the GW-5000 in my opinion. Then of course there are the plethora of DW-5600, anniversary models, and vintage models.

I think the GW-5000 is a great choice. The display is extremely clear. There is the negative version GW-5000B, but the display is hard to read in low light.

·
Registered
36,279 Posts

·
Registered
554 Posts
Recently, I've fallen for the DW-5000-1JF, the 2001 reissue of the DW-5000. Older module, but man it's cool.

I've moved along most of my watches, except for the GW-5000, the DW-5000-1JF and the DW-5030 30th Anniversary model.

Used to have a bunch, but ended up only wearing the Twp different 5000's. They really are amazing feeling watches to wear, and the GW-5000 certainly is a high end piece.

I got mine on Amazon. Some sellers stock them at the US warehouses and offer Prime shipping.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts