WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to see what I should pay for a men's datejust, rose gold presidential Rolex. Watch is in 95% condition, comes with box and papers. This is coming out of an estate and I'm buying it as a "favor" if you will. I do not have the slightest clue on what market/I stole it values would be. Thank you all in advance. (Sorry, no photos due to nature of the estate)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
Looking to see what I should pay for a men's datejust, rose gold presidential Rolex. Watch is in 95% condition, comes with box and papers. This is coming out of an estate and I'm buying it as a "favor" if you will. I do not have the slightest clue on what market/I stole it values would be. Thank you all in advance. (Sorry, no photos due to nature of the estate)

45% of retail

·
Banned
6,316 Posts

need more details and to move this over to the rolex forum....

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey, Memphis. Thanks for your reply. Can you tell me what details I can find and share?

Hopefully a moderator will move this. I wasn't aware it was in the incorrect venue.

·
Registered
23,771 Posts
We do not provide valuations here, nor do we encourage members to do so. Such estimations are wildly inaccurate given that we do not have the watch at hand and cannot possibly determine its condition. I suggest you take it to a watchmaker that specializes in estate jewelry for an expert valuation (or ask the seller to do so.)

Reactions: Watchbreath

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Fair enough, Mr. MacDonald. I only asked as I saw another thread about getting advice in order to not get ripped off. The watch was graded at 95%, however not appraised. Apologies for asking!

·
Registered
4,581 Posts
Mr. MacDonald's advice for a proper evaluation is very sound as there are, as you likely know, a lot of counterfeit Rolex watches out there. If the estate conducts the evaluation, make sure the ones evaluating are a reputable entity with preferably, a retail business attached.

Fair enough, Mr. MacDonald. I only asked as I saw another thread about getting advice in order to not get ripped off. The watch was graded at 95%, however not appraised. Apologies for asking!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The gentleman who owned the watch was both the owner of a jewelry store and a collector. I'm being asked to purchase the watch from the estate due to poor conditions of the two recipients whom the proceeds will go to. My wife is a family member and his notes on the watch indicate such condition. This was one of five presidentials in his personal collection, and the only one he didn't sell before death. His notes indicate a $20,000 value as of a few years ago. I have no idea if the value holds now or not. In either case, if someone knowledgable can PM me it would help greatly. I'll seek out the other proposed avenue as well, but I could certainly use more than one opinion (I'll not hold anyone to it and make the final decision myself).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts