WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

21 - 40 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
I gotta say, I really dig these and am quite excited for some more slimmer metal releases. The case design and the way the bracelet integrates is similar to my MRG-b1000, but a lot thinner. I am really looking forward to seeing these new dials and I think the reduced power usage should also allow for longer times between charges (my analogue steel models definitely require more sunbathing). Yeah, digital sub dials are negative and not the most legible, but I can live with it (I will miss the second hand a bit).
G-Central photo and article
View attachment 15771244

Thanks for the link and update. I just got a gst b300 and I am now in 2 minds whether to return it and wait for this one. I really like the smaller case and the negative display doesn't effect me. The seconds hand though is important to me for an analogue dial watch and not sure why it was removed. This makes it look like a metal version of the GAW or AWG series.

The light button at the bottom has been removed but why was the sloping and slightly indented lugs profile modified this way, should have stuck to the b200 type lugs.

B300-5aer photo for reference. I do like the swappable fabric and rubber straps with the 5aer version though and wish the b400 will have something similar. Let's see..

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
7,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Thanks for the link and update. I just got a gst b300 and I am now in 2 minds whether to return it and wait for this one. I really like the smaller case and the negative display doesn't effect me. The seconds hand though is important to me for an analogue dial watch and not sure why it was removed. This makes it look like a metal version of the GAW or AWG series.

The light button at the bottom has been removed but why was the sloping and slightly indented lugs profile modified this way, should have stuck to the b200 type lugs.

B300-5aer photo for reference. I do like the swappable fabric and rubber straps with the 5aer version though and wish the b400 will have something similar. Let's see..

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk
Nice watch. There is room for both! Just keep it haha I am not getting rid of my gst.
As for the lugs on the b400, I actually like them. I think it helps contribute to it wearing smaller on the wrist and it looks sharper and toolier to me.

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
BT is far better than MB6, unless you live close to a tower. BT on some of the Oceanus models was such a pleasure to setup your watch out of the box, not as cool as GPS in concept yet just as effective.
Prices from YEN to USD and I'm sure they will adjust on release.
GST-B400-1AJF $414.00 USD Black dial/strap
GST-B400AD-1A4JF $497.00 USD Red dial
GST-B400BD-1A2JF $570.00 USD Blue/Black
GST-B400D-1AJF $460.00 USD Silver dial
If I have to pick one over the other, I'd choose MB6 every time because I don't need an app running on my phone and tracking/trading my data and running down the battery and slowing it down etc etc etc. I live in Macon, GA - a pretty long ways from the tower and my watches sync very reliably. That said, ideally you get both. Set up the watch w/Bluetooth when it comes out of the box then unpair it and let it live independently going forward, that's what I did with my T200 and B5000.

I do prefer BT only over nothing. But I still think the only reason they don't include MB6 to keep some distance between the GST series and the MTG.

·
Registered
238 Posts
I would like to see positive LCD ≤13 mm versions of Casio GShock GST-B200 or -B300 for larger display & 6+ hour duration of stopwatch, countdown timer; couldn't care less for variations of -B100, -S310, or new 12.9 mm -B400.

OTOH, I won't mind a solar version of GA-2100 either.

I have to admit red dial of B400 does look rather nice.

·
Registered
267 Posts
I really like the way the GST product line has developed recently, borrowing some design elements from the MTG and MRG lines and emphasizing slighter smaller and thinner cases. The GSTB200 remains one of my go-to favorites, mainly for the uncluttered design, highly legible analog face, and well-integrated digital display that is a real value add instead of just an add-on. I share the concern about the tiny negative display windows on these being perhaps a little bit of a step backward, but I am still really excited to see the SS bracelet / red dial 400 model.

·
Registered
408 Posts
They made the dial more opaque and smaller (compared to B200) which reduces the effectiveness of the solar panel. So as a result they chose to eliminate the second hand to reduce power consumption.

This is what they claim anyway. An examination of the analog G-Shock lineup would suggest that second hand is a "premium" feature. They put it on expensive stuff but not entry-level. So more likely they just cheaped out.

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
They made the dial more opaque and smaller (compared to B200) which reduces the effectiveness of the solar panel. So as a result they chose to eliminate the second hand to reduce power consumption.

This is what they claim anyway. An examination of the analog G-Shock lineup would suggest that second hand is a "premium" feature. They put it on expensive stuff but not entry-level. So more likely they just cheaped out.
not really.. .
plenty of cheaper than g-steel models like the gravity defier have had seconds hand... then there is also the ga-800...

·
Registered
41 Posts
Very cool, very cool indeed. I've always liked the look of the G Steels but they are all too big for me. This one looks much better suited to us smaller wristed folks.
You might find that the GST-W310 fits... I have the same problem. See my post:

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
You might find that the GST-W310 fits... I have the same problem. See my post:

Still a big watch tho, these new ones are smaller still. GWT-W310 is 55.9 x 49.3 x 15.3 mm vs 46.6 x 49.6 x 12.9 mm.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I am really torned when seeing this one. I have a green GST-B100 which my wife found out to be too childish and small on my wrist (she was kinda right) so I ended up giving to my son. A couple of months later, hands stopped and I had to send to my local Casio. 45 days later and they return me the watch still broken. 45 days later, they return me the watch which a piece of plastic inside. 45 days later they return me the watch with some other particles insides. I just opened it and cleaned myself and from that moment on, I stopped buying local. I can get a faster service from an ebay seller from Japan...

Going back to the watch, I really loved the 1/1000 sec stopwatch and the green display worked as well as any positive. This coupled with the bluetooth were what made me get the watch. Still, after wearing it for a couple of months I was still a little bothered by digital in the top part instead of the bottom When the GST-B200 came out, I really liked the black one with the reddish digital but then I tried one and....the band was too small. I gave a thoughtful consideration to the stainless steel but two I gave up mainly because of the negative only display but also because I found the 3H button too big for the watch. So, I passed.

When the GST-B300 came out, I almost got it and maybe I didn't because I couldn't try one and see it with my eyes. I would have prefered a single digital display instead of two and in particular I would have the digital display in the bottom.

When I heard the GST-B400 my hopes were high. I wondered if finally I'd get a bottom positive display with a 1/1000 stopwatch...I liked the design but I am really disappointed by the negative display and even more so that they returned to the "regular" 1/100 sec on this model. So, while I do find it quite nice to look at, I am not temped to wear one myself.

·
Registered
408 Posts
not really.. .
plenty of cheaper than g-steel models like the gravity defier have had seconds hand... then there is also the ga-800...
I refer to number of hands and whether they are independent

At the low end you can have hours and minutes hand (2) geared off one (1) motor.
At the high end you can have hours, minutes, seconds (3), geared off 3 (3) motors.
And some configurations in between.

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
I am really torned when seeing this one. I have a green GST-B100 which my wife found out to be too childish and small on my wrist (she was kinda right) so I ended up giving to my son. A couple of months later, hands stopped and I had to send to my local Casio. 45 days later and they return me the watch still broken. 45 days later, they return me the watch which a piece of plastic inside. 45 days later they return me the watch with some other particles insides. I just opened it and cleaned myself and from that moment on, I stopped buying local. I can get a faster service from an ebay seller from Japan...

Going back to the watch, I really loved the 1/1000 sec stopwatch and the green display worked as well as any positive. This coupled with the bluetooth were what made me get the watch. Still, after wearing it for a couple of months I was still a little bothered by digital in the top part instead of the bottom When the GST-B200 came out, I really liked the black one with the reddish digital but then I tried one and....the band was too small. I gave a thoughtful consideration to the stainless steel but two I gave up mainly because of the negative only display but also because I found the 3H button too big for the watch. So, I passed.

When the GST-B300 came out, I almost got it and maybe I didn't because I couldn't try one and see it with my eyes. I would have prefered a single digital display instead of two and in particular I would have the digital display in the bottom.

When I heard the GST-B400 my hopes were high. I wondered if finally I'd get a bottom positive display with a 1/1000 stopwatch...I liked the design but I am really disappointed by the negative display and even more so that they returned to the "regular" 1/100 sec on this model. So, while I do find it quite nice to look at, I am not temped to wear one myself.
Isn't the GST-B100 all analog, how does it show stopwatch time to the 3rd decimal place? And what benefit is the 3rd decimal place on any watch operated by human hands anyways?

·
Registered
787 Posts
I am really torned when seeing this one. I have a green GST-B100 which my wife found out to be too childish and small on my wrist (she was kinda right) so I ended up giving to my son.
Isn't the GST-B100 all analog, how does it show stopwatch time to the 3rd decimal place? And what benefit is the 3rd decimal place on any watch operated by human hands anyways?
I guess you meant the GR-B100, which in my book is certainly one of the larger G-Shocks. I think it is one of the nicer "off-beat" G-Shock designs that look strange at first glance and don't become very popular, but are really nice watches when you give them a trial.

·
Registered
8,401 Posts
If I have to pick one over the other, I'd choose MB6 every time because I don't need an app running on my phone and tracking/trading my data and running down the battery and slowing it down etc etc etc. I live in Macon, GA - a pretty long ways from the tower and my watches sync very reliably. That said, ideally you get both. Set up the watch w/Bluetooth when it comes out of the box then unpair it and let it live independently going forward, that's what I did with my T200 and B5000.

I do prefer BT only over nothing. But I still think the only reason they don't include MB6 to keep some distance between the GST series and the MTG.
if you dont want the app running, just turn it on 3-4 times a year to sync it. way quicker than manually setting any G, analog or digital

·
Premium Member
7,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
if you dont want the app running, just turn it on 3-4 times a year to sync it. way quicker than manually setting any G, analog or digital
That's what I do

Reactions: Tetsu Tekubi
21 - 40 of 76 Posts