WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

41 - 60 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
I've been eyeing a G-STEEL for a while, but every one I've tried is just too big. The GSTW-3xx / GSTS-3xx series was an improvement in size but still overkill. I just tried on the GST-B300 today in fact and while much smaller than the typical huge G-Shock, it was still too tall and large. I like how it used standard lugs for easy strap replacement, and I liked the front illumination button. Sad to see they ditched those in this new model. I've warmed up to Bluetooth, but still prefer multiband. The clasps are stamped and not milled, which in 2020 at these prices is a bit of a letdown.

At 46.9mm wide it's still a large one but much more palatable. May be the first G-STEEL I get.

·
Registered
485 Posts
I would not consider the 20mm lugs of the b300 as fully standard, since a 20mm strap would look ridiculous. You'd realistically still have to notch it.

·
Registered
173 Posts
the seconds hand though is important to me for an analogue dial watch and not sure why it was removed.
I'm happy they removed it. Nothing screams "cheap quartz watch" like a ticking second hand (yes, even on a digital g-shock).

It looks like The Move is to get the one on the rubber strap because it has the lightest colored hands and then pick up a bracelet separately.
Any ideas where to buy a separate bracelet?

·
Registered
137 Posts
I am really torned when seeing this one. I have a green GST-B100 which my wife found out to be too childish and small on my wrist (she was kinda right) so I ended up giving to my son. A couple of months later, hands stopped and I had to send to my local Casio. 45 days later and they return me the watch still broken. 45 days later, they return me the watch which a piece of plastic inside. 45 days later they return me the watch with some other particles insides. I just opened it and cleaned myself and from that moment on, I stopped buying local. I can get a faster service from an ebay seller from Japan...

Going back to the watch, I really loved the 1/1000 sec stopwatch and the green display worked as well as any positive. This coupled with the bluetooth were what made me get the watch. Still, after wearing it for a couple of months I was still a little bothered by digital in the top part instead of the bottom When the GST-B200 came out, I really liked the black one with the reddish digital but then I tried one and....the band was too small. I gave a thoughtful consideration to the stainless steel but two I gave up mainly because of the negative only display but also because I found the 3H button too big for the watch. So, I passed.

When the GST-B300 came out, I almost got it and maybe I didn't because I couldn't try one and see it with my eyes. I would have prefered a single digital display instead of two and in particular I would have the digital display in the bottom.

When I heard the GST-B400 my hopes were high. I wondered if finally I'd get a bottom positive display with a 1/1000 stopwatch...I liked the design but I am really disappointed by the negative display and even more so that they returned to the "regular" 1/100 sec on this model. So, while I do find it quite nice to look at, I am not temped to wear one myself.
Update....

I did see the GSTB300 in my hands and I almost got it but a couple of things made me realize it would never have wrist time.

1 - The bands are too small for me. The rubber was closing only in the last hole and the metal did close just right but my wrists were not swollen. I guess when they are I'd have a problem.

2 - I was disappointed to see the bezel is smaller than the GSTB200. If it was or looked as big as I'd have gotten a GSTB300 with the positive display.

Back to the 400, the blue/black is my favorite color of these....but I'd probably like even more if they'd do a version with a red dial and the black bezel and band.

·
Registered
580 Posts
41 - 60 of 76 Posts