WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

61 - 76 of 76 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #61 ·
Just received it. It’s awesome. My favorite G-Shock I’ve owned yet
Congrats! Of course, looks way better than the Casio photos! Man, I'm probably going to grabbing one of those! Enjoy!

Reactions: RichardAmn

·
Registered
338 Posts
If you do not mind me asking, what size is your wrist? Do you know the lug width?
Approximately 7 inches, but wide and thin, so approximately 2.5 inches across the top.

Lug to lug is around 49mm or just over 1.76 inches. Looks really great and as always the photo lense makes it appear larger on the wrist than it actually is. Compared to my other g shocks it really does feel slim and I think it looks fantastic.

The only two things I'd improve are the light isn't great, a bit old school digital watch, and although the lume on the hands is decent (and lasts all night), the white markings above the 5 min markers, which are the same colour as the hands in daylight, are not luminous!

Edit: one thing that doesn't show in photos is the sunburst style finish on the dial which adds depth and a feeling of additional quality too.

The different finishes and multi directional brushing on the case also adds an expensive feel.

And I've seen comment elsewhere that the app and Bluetooth connectivity is useless. I disagree as have an older g shock with analogue handset and it's a nightmare to change the time when you want to go backwards as it means slowly (make that very slowly) looping round 11 hours, and being able to quickly set reminders or alarms is much simpler too.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Approximately 7 inches, but wide and thin, so approximately 2.5 inches across the top.

Lug to lug is around 49mm or just over 1.76 inches. Looks really great and as always the photo lense makes it appear larger on the wrist than it actually is. Compared to my other g shocks it really does feel slim and I think it looks fantastic.

The only two things I'd improve are the light isn't great, a bit old school digital watch, and although the lume on the hands is decent (and lasts all night), the white markings above the 5 min markers, which are the same colour as the hands in daylight, are not luminous!

Edit: one thing that doesn't show in photos is the sunburst style finish on the dial which adds depth and a feeling of additional quality too.

The different finishes and multi directional brushing on the case also adds an expensive feel.

And I've seen comment elsewhere that the app and Bluetooth connectivity is useless. I disagree as have an older g shock with analogue handset and it's a nightmare to change the time when you want to go backwards as it means slowly (make that very slowly) looping round 11 hours, and being able to quickly set reminders or alarms is much simpler too.
Awesome, thank you for the write up! What I meant by lug width was actually the distance between the lugs as in how wide should a potential replacement strap be to fit properly?

·
Registered
338 Posts
Awesome, thank you for the write up! What I meant by lug width was actually the distance between the lugs as in how wide should a potential replacement strap be to fit properly?
I did measure that too and meant to include, but assumed as you were also interested in wrist size the lug to lug was the more important dimension!

Lug width is approximately 29mm.

It has quick release spring bars, but when I contacted Casio, they stated no plans to release alternative strap or bracelet choices at this time.

Checked a couple of Casio parts sites and couldn't find any availability for this model as yet, as too new a release and the fitment is specific to this model I believe (I'm no expert so stand to be corrected)

·
Registered
338 Posts
Some additional shots showing a little better the sunburst effect on the dial, how it sits well within the dimensions of my wrist and how slim it looks too. I really do think this is a great looking piece.

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thanks for the photos NardinNut and LesDavidson! After seeing these photos of the GSTB400-1A version and Random Rob's review on YouTube, it looks like the reds don't' pop as much as the G Shock marketing photos show. I just placed an order on gshock.com and will soon see first hand.

I have been waiting for years for a watch like this and it looks like this one checks all my boxes. It will most likely be my new daily.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Found this review earlier tonight. Looks very good. I have a black/blue one inbound.

For comparison sake:
The DW6900 is: 53.2 x 50 x 16.3
The GSTB400 is: 46.6 x 49.6 x 12.9

61 - 76 of 76 Posts