WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I gotta say, I'm impressed with it. The fit and finish, attention to detail, weight, and yes, the looks - right on the money!! :p (y) (y)(y) I was concerned at first that I would be 'between holes' on the strap. But actually this has not been the case. It's been extremely comfortable - the most comfortable Frog I've worn in a long time. And a great size for my wrist.

I like it so much, I might even end up getting another version at some point. But for now, the 1A2 is quite the looker, IMO. ;) Very glad I pulled the trigger! Even got a good deal, too.

·
Registered
28,834 Posts
Nice write-up T4P and fine shots. Glad you’re happy with your latest Frogman. Over the years you have seen and have had so many different models - and your input is highly appreciated. Great to see also some great and long term F17 members still with the appreciation for some new releases. The excitement is still there. Enjoy and congrats again. Like the blue version too and as you said, maybe one day. Be safe - stay healthy. Cheers Tom

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
704 Posts
I've had my Analog Frog for a couple weeks now and it's growing on me. Still prefer the Digi Frogs, but I'm enjoying the new one.

A Digi Frog in this case would be incredible.

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
I highly suspect that will be Casio's next move. Not this exact case, but it will consist of carbon fiber and be monocoque. I think they will offer it with a GPS module with the depth meter. Let's wait and see if I am right.
A Digi Frog in this case would be incredible.

Reactions: Time4Playnow

·
Premium Member
8,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nice write-up T4P and fine shots. Glad you’re happy with your latest Frogman. Over the years you have seen and have had so many different models - and your input is highly appreciated. Great to see also some great and long term F17 members still with the appreciation for some new releases. The excitement is still there. Enjoy and congrats again. Like the blue version too and as you said, maybe one day. Be safe - stay healthy. Cheers Tom

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks Tom! Nice words coming from the forum's unofficial Frog king! :) I know that you'll be appreciating these as much as me. I was without any Frogs for a good while, but am glad I got one back into the stable. ;)

Yes, the excitement is still there. I guess once a G lover, always a G lover! (y)

Thanks guys!

·
Premium Member
8,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Oh, I'll also add that the strap is the perfect length for me. (7.25" wrist) And the keeper, being non-metal, does not slide all over the place like metal keepers tend to do.

Yes, 100% agree w/Tetsu here, the band is very thick, yet soft, and conforms to the wrist very well. Nicely done, Casio!

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
I've heard good things about this Frogman. Only thing I dislike is the piece-by-piece construction of the case held by screws, instead of a completely monocoque design like the previous Frogmans. But I have read the strap is better than previous models, and the lugs and caseback due to its shape fits better on any wrist size.

I'm excited to have mine.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Congratulations on your new GWF-A1000-1A2 Frogman! I have the same one and wasn't sure if I would like it since I love the digi Frogmen, but I am glad I bought one with no regrets. I love how comfortable it is and the many details on this new Frogman. Enjoy!!!

·
Premium Member
8,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Congratulations on your new GWF-A1000-1A2 Frogman! I have the same one and wasn't sure if I would like it since I love the digi Frogmen, but I am glad I bought one with no regrets. I love how comfortable it is and the many details on this new Frogman. Enjoy!!!
Thank you, I appreciate it. Enjoy yours, too!! (y) (y) (y)

·
Registered
4,866 Posts
;)

·
Premium Member
8,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Reactions: kubr1ck

·
Premium Member
8,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Registered
170 Posts
Really wanting to like this. Went into town last weekend to check one out in the flesh. Yes it's bright and looks crisp. Just my 57 year old eyes can't really see the small dials without my reading glasses. And overall it's a bit too small in size. But I reckon it will tick boxes for a lot of folks. Hope Casio haven't totally abandoned the D1000.

·
Premium Member
8,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Really wanting to like this. Went into town last weekend to check one out in the flesh. Yes it's bright and looks crisp. Just my 57 year old eyes can't really see the small dials without my reading glasses. And overall it's a bit too small in size. But I reckon it will tick boxes for a lot of folks. Hope Casio haven't totally abandoned the D1000.
I agree that some of the subdial text is too small. Especially on the right subdial - I can only read the day of the week if I'm in VERY good light, and try hard to see it. (and I have good close-up vision) At least I have no trouble seeing the other timezone on the left subdial. And the date is pretty easily readable.

Never heard anyone say that "it's a bit too small in size." 😂 😂😂 I mean, it's comparable in size to the GWG-1000, so, I'm not sure what kind of watches you're used to, but wow.

I think Casio will very likely continue to produce the D1000 for awhile, right alongside this A1000. IMO there should be a market for both.

·
Registered
958 Posts
I just received my 1A2 from Topper yesterday. This is my 4th Frogman and I have had all of the Gravitymasters at some point. This is hands down my favorite G-Shock. Only issue I am having is the alarm is not working. I paired it to my phone with the app and it is showing about 50% battery charge. Not sure why it is not working. I am hoping as it charges to full the alarm will work. Fingers crossed...

·
Premium Member
8,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I just received my 1A2 from Topper yesterday. This is my 4th Frogman and I have had all of the Gravitymasters at some point. This is hands down my favorite G-Shock. Only issue I am having is the alarm is not working. I paired it to my phone with the app and it is showing about 50% battery charge. Not sure why it is not working. I am hoping as it charges to full the alarm will work. Fingers crossed...
Congrats! (y) I could not tell you about the alarm on mine. I don't use the alarm on ANY of my watches.

Yeah. This Frog is big, good looking, light, and comfortable. There's a lot to like about it.

Reactions: Tetsu Tekubi
1 - 20 of 29 Posts