WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Moderator Emeritus
55,892 Posts
Imho the Mido Multifort looks better. Movements (2834 day/date vs 2824 day) do not differ that much. Both belong to the same pedigree and are known to be reliable and rugged work horses. If you like the Mido go for it.

·
Registered
4,472 Posts
Not a clue. Very good looking watch though, I long thought about getting one. Too big for me though.

·
Moderator Emeritus
55,892 Posts
thanks , of course according to mido.ch info it has 2836-2 ETA and is it true that mido use Elaborate grade ETA's?
I've heard/read this and that. But - elaboré or not - they do keep excellent time, are very well regulated and the finish is ok as well. I wouldn't bother that much about elaboré or top. If you want to go for chronometer quality MIDO is the right brand to go for.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I think the movement is elaboré, which is the lowest grade of 2836-2. I have handled this exact same model at the AD. As I have said in another thread, the indices and the hands, which appear black in all the pictures, are actually a very dark, velvet-ish gray, that really fits into the dial. The sides of the case are brushed, the rest is polished. There is a display back: only the rotor is decorated.

I must say I almost bought the watch at the spot. But at the time it felt massive at 42mm. I still think of it to this day.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
I like the dial on this watch much more than the Le Locle. It seems more "complex" and sophsticated with the panel like lines. It's also more unique than the Le Locle, which a ton of people seem to have.

·
Registered
642 Posts
Re: wich mido ?

this mido is M3896.4.26.1 and is not producing anymore, do you know what is the ETA used in it?
M005.430.11.031.00 , with ETA 2836-2

which one talks to you more?
M005.430.11.031.00... however I think both watches lack AR....boo.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts