WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, I am in the market for my 1st ABC (excuse for wife is that I "need it" for the upcoming trip to Alaska:-!) and am leaning towards PRG-110 Y 1V (all black, negative display)

Now, one thing that concerns me is how thin the watch is. The specs say its 11.5mm, which is thinner than some of my dress watches:-s

Can anyone chime in with comments on dimensions of this watch or better yet wristshots?:thanks Any other feedback on the watch is much appreicated as well.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Cool. I'm almost there with making a decision on this model also. Believe it or not I have been dealing with possibly getting the 2000T if I can get my hands on it for a good price.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cool. I'm almost there with making a decision on this model also. Believe it or not I have been dealing with possibly getting the 2000T if I can get my hands on it for a good price.
2000T is cool but $700US+ is very steep...

·
Registered
23 Posts
I bought one recently. I will try to send wrist shots in a day or so.
I am used to wearing Seiko divers, and have 2 monsters and a kinetic. The prg-110y is the same diameter as the monster, but a little thinner. I would not say it is a huge watch, but it is not small, and it is my first Casio or digital. I have a 7.5'" wrist and it sits well.
I do not like the band. It looks cheap, but then again it is plastic/resin, and wears easy enough. I have ordered some zulu adapters from tiktox, and plan to buy either the band that comes with the pry-110gb model, or an orange 24mm zulu.
Being on a small farm, I like the barometer as it gives me an idea of weather. I do use the compass when driving in the city, but it is not that easy to read with a quick glance.
The watch seems to perform well but I am used to excellent lume on a diver, and can therefore tell the time in darkness with a quick glance. With the prg, you need to press the light button which is not always easy in the dark for a new user. The light only goes on for about 1 second, which in my view is too short for a watch that has so much info.
For example if it is dark, and you want to use the non-ABC functions, you need to navigate to the correct screen in the dark by remembering which buttons to press, then activating the function, then waiting a little until it reads, then press the light. All of this is two handed, so you had better not be doing anything else or driving at the time. Otherwise you press the light button three or four times to get to info you want. This may be common to many ABC watches. The compass only reads for about 20 seconds or less, so you cant just leave it on for a minutes at a time (although I may need to read the manual further).
I will probably get used to it in the future, but a 3-5 second light setting would be great.
I have been eying off a prg-80 titanium, as it has a larger non-reverse screen so it may be easy to read in the dark. I really should just wear my Seiko divers at night.
I bought the prg-110y as a farm watch so when I am using a hammer or axe in the field it doesn't wreck my autos. I am sure it will do what I want well. It wasn't expensive but after SS seiko bodies and bands, I will probably get a metal banded casio next.
I will try to post some photos when I get the adapters.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I bought one recently. I will try to send wrist shots in a day or so.
I am used to wearing Seiko divers, and have 2 monsters and a kinetic. The prg-110y is the same diameter as the monster, but a little thinner. I would not say it is a huge watch, but it is not small, and it is my first Casio or digital. I have a 7.5'" wrist and it sits well.
I do not like the band. It looks cheap, but then again it is plastic/resin, and wears easy enough. I have ordered some zulu adapters from tiktox, and plan to buy either the band that comes with the pry-110gb model, or an orange 24mm zulu.
Being on a small farm, I like the barometer as it gives me an idea of weather. I do use the compass when driving in the city, but it is not that easy to read with a quick glance.
The watch seems to perform well but I am used to excellent lume on a diver, and can therefore tell the time in darkness with a quick glance. With the prg, you need to press the light button which is not always easy in the dark for a new user. The light only goes on for about 1 second, which in my view is too short for a watch that has so much info.
For example if it is dark, and you want to use the non-ABC functions, you need to navigate to the correct screen in the dark by remembering which buttons to press, then activating the function, then waiting a little until it reads, then press the light. All of this is two handed, so you had better not be doing anything else or driving at the time. Otherwise you press the light button three or four times to get to info you want. This may be common to many ABC watches. The compass only reads for about 20 seconds or less, so you cant just leave it on for a minutes at a time (although I may need to read the manual further).
I will probably get used to it in the future, but a 3-5 second light setting would be great.
I have been eying off a prg-80 titanium, as it has a larger non-reverse screen so it may be easy to read in the dark. I really should just wear my Seiko divers at night.
I bought the prg-110y as a farm watch so when I am using a hammer or axe in the field it doesn't wreck my autos. I am sure it will do what I want well. It wasn't expensive but after SS seiko bodies and bands, I will probably get a metal banded casio next.
I will try to post some photos when I get the adapters.
Thank you very much for detailed feedback, skyva :-!

I didn't appreciate how brief the backlight is :think:...

PRG-110Y certianly looks cool, but perhaps I will be better off with a PRG 40 for 1/2 the money.

Orange zulu would look sharp on your 110Y.

Looking forward to your pics and if you could PM me the coordinated of the store and the price for your 110Y, that would be much appreciated. :thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
Do Casio G-shock adaptors fit the PRG 110 well?? I´m interested in buying the 110 with the adaptor and a black zulu band. Which band width is the best?

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
Do Casio G-shock adaptors fit the PRG 110 well?? I´m interested in buying the 110 with the adaptor and a black zulu band. Which band width is the best?
No, you need to buy specific strap adapters for the 110/1300, 24mm is the biggest strap you can fit

Q-6

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
Thank you very much for detailed feedback, skyva :-!

I didn't appreciate how brief the backlight is :think:...

PRG-110Y certianly looks cool, but perhaps I will be better off with a PRG 40 for 1/2 the money.

Orange zulu would look sharp on your 110Y.

Looking forward to your pics and if you could PM me the coordinated of the store and the price for your 110Y, that would be much appreciated. :thanks
Better yet compromise and buy a PRG-80, it has the option of an extended backlight, a better feature set than the PRG-40, although not as comprehensive as the PRG-110, and the 80 is one of the all time best field watches.

Or just buy both :-d

Q-6

·
Registered
3,018 Posts
Better yet compromise and buy a PRG-80, it has the option of an extended backlight, a better feature set than the PRG-40, although not as comprehensive as the PRG-110, and the 80 is one of the all time best field watches.

Not only does the PRG-80 have the extend-able backlight, but most of these watches have the auto-backlight feature. This allows you to turn your wrist to illuminate the watch without involving the other hand. I use the auto-EL so much it has spoiled me. My non auto-EL G-shocks don't get very much wrist time!

I also like the 80 because it superbly satisfies my big-watch craving. I have two now, one on its Ti bracelet and one Extreme:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts