WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
4,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I took the kids to Edale (in Derbyshire, England, UK) today, and thought it a great chance to try out my PRG-40. It was very wet and misty there, so I'm afraid the photos aren't very scenic. The altimeter seems accurate, as does the compass and barometer. I've not had chance to calibrate the thermometer accurately yet, but it's not far out. We had a great day despite the weather and poor visibility. :)

And finally, the poncho my kids insisted I dispose of before being seen by passer's by... :-d

·
Registered
4,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Great stuff, is it worth a visit? Derbyshire isn't that far from me.
I've been going to Edale since I was a kid, I really love the place. Castleton is just a few miles away and has some great caves to visit. I think Edale is the most beautiful place there, but there are plenty of other places nearby worth a look, such as Bakewell, Hope, Hathersage and Eyam. I recommend it. :-!

·
Registered
4,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
great shot of the scenery and the 40. im not sure wat your kids talking about but that poncho looks good on you. i am so buying one.
I bought it for 50 pence. We'd just got to the top of a hill and it started chucking down with rain so I thought 'fantastic! rain, I can try out my poncho!' ... however, I couldn't work out how to put it on, and by the time I'd finished flapping about and nearly suffocating myself it had stopped raining and I was soaked. :oops:

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Im glad you had a good time with the kids and the PAG-40, its an awesome watch.

·
Registered
6,894 Posts
Great pics, thanks for sharing. Also, I dig how all the kids have G's on :-!.

·
Banned
859 Posts
Great photos not only of the watch, but of the countryside. I love it that this is a global forum where we get to see different parts of the world. Thanks for sharing these photos.

·
Registered
29,512 Posts
Thanks - I enjoyed those pictures. :-!

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
Well I think the poncho is very fetching, it has that certain je ne sai quoi ! :-d

Nice shots though, I've spent some time in Derbyshire, when I was younger, doing a bit of caving, it's a beautiful area, when the mist clears. The PAG looks a nice size, great watch :-!

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
The first thing I thought of when I saw this picture:

Was this:

(No offense, I just thought it was kind of funny):-d

·
Registered
4,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
The first thing I thought of when I saw this picture:

Was this:

(No offense, I just thought it was kind of funny):-d
Now you mention it, I thought I was going to have to fight my way past a fearsome creature up that hill. This pic was taken just a few yards from me. I didn't edit it in any way, so I think the strange effect could be from the heavy rain or a wet lense. It's not quite a dragon, but it had a sinister look about it. :)

·
Registered
29,512 Posts
Looks like a watercolour, doesn't it? Remarkable.

·
Registered
4,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Looks like a watercolour, doesn't it? Remarkable.
It looks like a watercolour effect, but that's how it came from the camera, and I can't imagine I added an effect on the camera without realising. The photo of the stream looks a bit that way too, but not as pronounced. My best guess is a wet lense.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts