WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If this is off topic please obliterate it (and if anyone is interested I would love to hear from them via PM).

I have a problem with understanding the barometer on a PRG80. I have had the watch a week and I have previously owned a casio altimeter/barometer so vaguely understand how they are meant to work.

I hadn't previously concentrated on the barometer but as far as I remember it has been showing a complete graph showing perfectly credible trends. Today it has gone mad.

1100 put on watch, raising temperature from 20 c to 34 c (house heat to blood heat)
1120 set reference altitude
1120- 1330 climb 300 m to 580 m and back down again. Altimeter agrees exactly with car gps and with spot heights on map at 460m and 580m. climb is accurately stored in periodic records. Therefore presumably not a pressure sensor issue.

Barometer graph like this:

12-2 one blip only visible, bottom row right column of graph
2-4 complete row of blips alternating between top and top but one row of graph
4-6 one blip only visible, top right of graph this time
6-8 two blips visible, the top right one above now moved 1 column left and a new one in right hand column two clear rows below the top row.
8-10 nine blips all on the bottom row with various gaps. Most recently: there is a new blip at bottom right then gaps for the previous two columns (the 4 pm and 6 pm readings) The pressure reading was 1020 at 6 pm, 1006 at 8 pm. I haven't noted any previous pressure readings but they have not been fluctuating wildly.I think the problem is specifically with the graph. I haven't checked readings withanother barometer

Obviously the watch has gone mad. I have looked at the instructions for calibrating the thermometer and barometer. The factory setting is " off" in both cases. The barometer was set at "off" where I left it. The temperature was showing the current temperature as a reference setting so I changed this to off.

Is any of this explicable and/or is there any way of rebooting the watch, or do i need to return it to Casio?

·
Registered
4,014 Posts
If the barometric pressure alters by 8 or more units between readings then the previous readings are not displayed.

They are stored though and will reappear if the following reading is less than 8 different than the first reading.

I think you have just been suffering from big changes in barometric pressure in a short period.

Mitch

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If the barometric pressure alters by 8 or more units between readings then the previous readings are not displayed.

They are stored though and will reappear if the following reading is less than 8 different than the first reading.

I think you have just been suffering from big changes in barometric pressure in a short period.

Mitch
Thanks - I will keep it under observation for24 hours

Do you have a link to a Casio website explaining how the graph works?

·
Banned
406 Posts
and where would one find a Reena Sensor Master III in the U.S.?
See in Ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/COMPASS-MASTER-II-Altimeter-Barometer-Thermometer_W0QQitemZ110166911834QQihZ001QQcategoryZ1299QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Alti( Resolution: 1m (1ft)) 9164 meters max+baro+thermo+Compass+Chrono+Timer+dual time+Barometer/altimeter graphics+ ad.rate(+ -) inclination - altitud alarm + 2 daily alarm+ hourly signal +Night Vision + Contrast LCD. Equal manufacturer of Reena

1 - 8 of 8 Posts