WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
This is my second post about watches, and I want to know if these are real or fake plus the price of each one of them

·
Registered
9,633 Posts
Condition doesn't look great, unlikely to be fakes as they didn't cost that much to begin with--check ebay for both, you will see asking prices from $25 to $500--I would be surprised if either of these in their present state could sell for more than $100, even assuming that they run well. And there of course are listing, payment and shipping fees to take out of that price...

·
Moderator at Large
54,121 Posts
Those who are going to fake those 70s wrist watches will loose a lot of money. They would be mich more expensice compared to the real 1970s watches. Both show signs of wear and tear, I‘d pass on both. Wouldn‘t pay more than a double digit amount.

·
Premium Member
64,914 Posts
The condition doesn’t look anything to write home about and I would expect fakes to pretend to be better preserved than that.

·
Registered
4,816 Posts
I don't know any of those brands and they don't appear to be misspellings of other well known brands, so I doubt they are fake.

·
Moderator at Large
54,121 Posts
I don't know any of those brands and they don't appear to be misspellings of other well known brands, so I doubt they are fake.
To get to know more on Sicura you should read about the Breitling-Sicura connection.

·
Registered
4,816 Posts
To get to know more on Sicura you should read about the Breitling-Sicura connection.
Was Sicura that big to buy the name, or was the Breitling name that cheap after the quartz crisis? It is interesting that the current Breitling is basically not Breitling but Sicura. Like how the current Charlotte Hornets are not the Hornets and the original Hornets are now the Pelicans (NBA reference).

1 - 12 of 12 Posts