WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

21 - 40 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
Wife: You just got a watch for Christmas.
'The wise man makes provision for the future.' (Friedrich Schiller)
Your wife remembered Christmas 2019, didn't she?!
What's about Christmas 2020?
Tell her about the quotation of F. Schiller and remind her of the Christmas coming soon,

Volker ;-)

·
Registered
179 Posts
Well this is disappointing. I was going to purchase a marine 36 with the base ETA automatic on Monday. I was prepared to pay the 560euro list price on the website. I just went on the site and it's up to 690euro. Increase of almost 25%. I can't justify that price for the base ETA movement version. Hopefully the secondary market won't inflate right away and I can still find one at a reasonable price.

·
Moderator Emeritus
54,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Well this is disappointing. I was going to purchase a marine 36 with the base ETA automatic on Monday. I was prepared to pay the 560euro list price on the website. I just went on the site and it's up to 690euro. Increase of almost 25%. I can't justify that price for the base ETA movement version. Hopefully the secondary market won't inflate right away and I can still find one at a reasonable price.
Are you mixing up €690 (including tax) and € 560 without tax. An increase of almost 25% is difficult to imagine knowing that Jörg spoke about 3% to 8% price increase.

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
Make sure that you're looking at the VAT excluded price. And it's actually 579,83 € right now.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Make sure that you're looking at the VAT excluded price. And it's actually 579,83 € right now.
You know what, you’re right. Not sure why it all of a sudden started showing it like that. Thanks for the heads up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello everyone, first time post to the forums. I'm glad I decided to check the forums and thanks to the OP for letting potential buyers know about the price increase. It encouraged me to pull the trigger and purchase my Flieger 36 grey limited. It's a shame that this change is forcing manufacturers to increase thier prices, but with Stowa the quality is obviously there. Now it's the long torturous waiting game until I receive my first Stowa...

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hello everyone, first time post to the forums. I'm glad I decided to check the forums and thanks to the OP for letting potential buyers know about the price increase. It encouraged me to pull the trigger and purchase my Flieger 36 grey limited. It's a shame that this change is forcing manufacturers to increase thier prices, but with Stowa the quality is obviously there. Now it's the long torturous waiting game until I receive my first Stowa...
Congrats! Be sure to post pics. I am awaiting for mine (Marine 36) to arrive.

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Congrats! Be sure to post pics. I am awaiting for mine (Marine 36) to arrive.
When did you order yours? I have been waiting for my marine 36 since for over 3 weeks now. Ordered January 11 and getting impatient

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
I had been thinking Marine 36 and Partitio for quite a while. The price increase does help me make a decision. I can now put them down and move on.

·
Moderator Emeritus
54,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
According to their most recently received newsletter the price increase will be from 2% (Antea b2b) - to 12,8% (Flieger Chrono for example).

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
Heute nochmals verlängerte Frist VOR endgültiger Preiserhöhung!
..........and Joerg postponed the point of price increases to Tuesday, 02-04-2020, 12.00 pm CET.
Many newsletter recipients got the notification on Sunday only and could have been too late to order at 'old' prices.

That's more than fair, isn't it?!

Volker

·
Registered
127 Posts

..........and Joerg postponed the point of price increases to Tuesday, 02-04-2020, 12.00 pm CET.
Many newsletter recipients got the notification on Sunday only and could have been too late to order at 'old' prices.

That's more than fair, isn't it?!

Volker
It’s very generous of Joerg to extend the purchase date. I’m about to pull the trigger on my first Stowa watch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
535 Posts

That's more than fair, isn't it?!Volker
I think it's very fair. Stowa does a really good job communicating with their customers and accommodating them whenever possible. i purchased a TO2 on Saturday and am looking forward to it.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Was literally about to pull trigger and price increased while in checkout...not cool.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

21 - 40 of 60 Posts