WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

41 - 60 of 60 Posts

·
Vendor
936 Posts
Hello adhesive, hello sager, hello everybody

the priceinreasing was NOT
launched YET !

Please be advised that it will be done tomorrow morning because we are waiting for all countries to have "Tuesday morning, February 4, 2020."
(that was we write in our newsletter)

The announcement was a mistake, normally we write 12 a.m GMT for example.

But yesterday we forgot to give a correct time.

BUT - that's the reason the price increasing is not online yet ;-)

So, please have a look at all prices- they are the same like before.

;-)

bye for now

Jörg Schauer
CEO STOWA Brand

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
Hello adhesive, hello sager, hello everybody

the priceinreasing was NOT
launched YET !

Please be advised that it will be done tomorrow morning because we are waiting for all countries to have "Tuesday morning, February 4, 2020."
(that was we write in our newsletter)

The announcement was a mistake, normally we write 12 a.m GMT for example.

But yesterday we forgot to give a correct time.

BUT - that's the reason the price increasing is not online yet ;-)

So, please have a look at all prices- they are the same like before.

;-)

bye for now

Jörg Schauer
CEO STOWA Brand
Thank you for there update, Jörg,

Your communication and action in this regard reflect nothing but your beautiful commitment to the public and your customers.

I find it refreshing that we can hear directly from the CEO of a watch company on matters that concern us.

This commitment, in my opinion, is what sets Stowa apart from all other brands and one of the many elements that has turned me towards the brand and made me appreciate Stowa even more.

Thanks again for doing what you do.

Sincerely,

Sage

P.S. I just ordered the chronograph 1938 before the price increase

·
Registered
102 Posts
Well I appreciate the update but that was not my experience at the time.

Maybe there was a temporary glitch as the price I’m seeing now is different altogether?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
So the price increase turnes out to be a price drop for the Antea KS. They all had a 30 euro price drop (1050, down to 1020)... I buy the Antea KS because of the warning of a price increase, only for them to drop the price. I was not expecting them to pull a fast one like that. Screenshot_20200205-095309_Chrome.jpg

Sent from my rotary phone using Crapatalk

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
So the price increase turnes out to be a price drop for the Antea KS. They all had a 30 euro price drop (1050, down to 1020)... I buy the Antea KS because of the warning of a price increase, only for them to drop the price. I was not expecting them to pull a fast one like that. View attachment 14842683

I can absolutely understand your frustration. Not sure about the Antea models cause I was eyeing the chronographs which have indeed increased in price.

I'm Stowa's defense, the memo did say "almost all models" so they did not mention that the price increase will be across the board.

As for the price drop... I don't think Stowa intended to pull a fast one on anyone

·
Vendor
936 Posts
Hello woiter, hello everybody,

the prices has not dropped. ;-)

Please have a look at the prices- before the Antea KS with silver dial was 1050.- , with black dial 980.-, with rose gold coated dial 1.050.-.

Now we increase 50.- Euro, so the Antea KS silver is 1.100.- , the black one 1.030.- and the rosegold one 1.100.-

All priceincreases in the past has confused some of our clients - no problem- we are knowing this.

AND, to my own : i often make some small mistakes or forget something - thats normal. ;-)

But here i guess everything was ok.

Please see actual pictures of the versions.

Best regards

Jörg Schauer
CEO STOWA

Attachments

·
Registered
263 Posts
I can absolutely understand your frustration. Not sure about the Antea models cause I was eyeing the chronographs which have indeed increased in price.

I'm Stowa's defense, the memo did say "almost all models" so they did not mention that the price increase will be across the board.

As for the price drop... I don't think Stowa intended to pull a fast one on anyone
It looks like that price drop was an error. Price has now risen by 4.8%, by my calculations.

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
It looks like that price drop was an error. Price has now risen by 4.8%, by my calculations.
That is wbat was communicated to me by email as well. I wonder if anybody got extra lucky and bought during this price drop error?

·
Registered
263 Posts
That is wbat was communicated to me by email as well. I wonder if anybody got extra lucky and bought during this price drop error?

I added it to my cart at the dropped price. I don't know if they will honour that price if I complete the transaction.

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
German consumer protection is quite good. Unless the quoted price is way off, they should honour sticker price. If sticker price changes prior to check out that is a different scenario of course.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
yes. For example, the flieger klassik 36 is now at 1.100 eu. One or two month ago was 924 eu. :(
If I understand correctly, that was mostly due to a temporary VAT reduction from the German government, which Stowa was kind enough to pass on to their customers for as long as it lasted.

Reactions: amb_

·
Registered
94 Posts
If I understand correctly, that was mostly due to a temporary VAT reduction from the German government, which Stowa was kind enough to pass on to their customers for as long as it lasted.
Yes because it was 1100 beginning of last year as well I think.

But I heard of an upcoming increase this year in 2021. Is that true?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Thank you for this info.

·
Registered
2,319 Posts

No, you both are wrong in your statement:
  • € 924,00 was the price for buyers outside the EU (w/o VAT)
  • plus 19 % German VAT the price is € 1.100,00
The temporary VAT reduction in Germany was only 3 % (from former added 19 % down to added 16 %). In Euro the price decrease was just € 28,00: € 1.072,00 instead of € 1.100,00
The price w/o VAT stayed untouched at € 924,00,

Volker

·
Registered
9 Posts
No, you both are wrong in your statement:
  • € 924,00 was the price for buyers outside the EU (w/o VAT)
  • plus 19 % German VAT the price is € 1.100,00
The temporary VAT reduction in Germany was only 3 % (from former added 19 % down to added 16 %). In Euro the price decrease was just € 28,00: € 1.072,00 instead of € 1.100,00
The price w/o VAT stayed untouched at € 924,00,

Volker
This info is much better. That is why in the Stowa website says "including V.A.T.". That makes more sense. Thank you.

·
Vendor
936 Posts
Reply from Sarah Kamau - Sales Staff at STOWA:

Good day all,

Please note that we did not have a price increase in the recent month.

Following „brainless“/Volker´s statement, what mostly happens is, that you see the price including the German VAT. The easiest would be, if you select a product, place it in your cart, go to check out and select your country. Once you return now back to the online shop, all prices will be shown to you correctly.

E.g. the Flieger Classic 40 is available at EUR 924,37 excl. 19% German VAT and at EUR 1100,- incl. VAT (shipping cost will be extra).

Any official price increase will be announced in our newsletter in advance.

If you have any doubts about this, feel free to email us on [email protected].

With best regards from the Black Forest.

Sarah Kamau

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
That explains the temporary slightly lower weird prices.

Any news on what the deal is with ETA shortages and how that is being handled?

41 - 60 of 60 Posts