WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,
I really fancy getting a display back for my Speedy. I've seen one on ebay with a BIN price of $399, is that a decent price?
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, is there anything to look out for to check it isn't a fake?

·
Registered
940 Posts
There's a dealer in AUS who has these (and a lot of other Omega parts) for good prices. Remember, you need the spacer ring too if you want to put it on a non display back model.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
There's a dealer in AUS who has these (and a lot of other Omega parts) for good prices. Remember, you need the spacer ring too if you want to put it on a non display back model.
Watchco? Not cheap! But thanks for the tip.

·
Registered
447 Posts
A good friend of mine just got one for his 69 Speedie from somewhere in Europe, they were having a special offer, will find out where and get back to you....:-!

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
A good friend of mine just got one for his 69 Speedie from somewhere in Europe, they were having a special offer, will find out where and get back to you....:-!
That'd be great, cheers mate :-!

·
Registered
2,744 Posts

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
stupid question but which model of the speedy actually comes with the display back ?
The Sapphire Sandwich 3573.50 is the only new one with the display back, but it does not have a hesalite crystal. The more desirable (to most) would be the out of production 3572.50 or 3592.50 models.

Here's something that Father John told me when I was on the hunt for my Speedy Pro:

Replacement 3572.50 backs are almost impossible to obtain. Omega will not sell them. Ofrei has them but you must buy the entire case to get it - about $700. In addition, you will need the taller movement ring for the display back to fit.

So the $399 deal on eBay looks pretty good.

Regards,
Eric

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
@Whtshadow, Flasharry & EL.

Many thanks for the links and help folks :-! :-!

·
Registered
37 Posts
I got mine from Watchco from Down Under, but it was around around $350. I didn't need a spacer ring for my 3570, and it was installed by an authorized Omega repairer. I love it!

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts