WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
37,143 Posts
I reckon anything under $500 is a fair price for one in good nick and with everything included. $500 is actually what I paid for mine.

·
Registered
6,195 Posts
I reckon anything under $500 is a fair price for one in good nick and with everything included. $500 is actually what I paid for mine.
I would say that these days if you find a Carbon Fibre NOS condition for $500 that would be a true bargain. These days it is in the $1000-$2000 range!

Its one of the most expensive Frogmans out there, very rare it is!:rodekaart

the last one I saw sold was at seiko5ers:

http://www.seiko5ers.com/Frogman Carbon Fibre GW-201NT-1JF.htm

It was sold for $2000!

·
Registered
403 Posts
cool looking froggy... too bad it didn't have real carbon fibre parts... (or does it? i couldn't see any from the pics...)

·
Registered
37,143 Posts
This is what it looks like when the carbon fiber paint wears off on the strap after a good 5 years of wear...

Shocking, isn't it...?

;-)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
So to say this carbon fibre watch is for display only and not designed to be worn?
Most likely after 5years with regular usage most resin will deteriorate. Still thinking whether to buy it, it's a very beautiful watch....

·
Registered
37,143 Posts
So to say this carbon fibre watch is for display only and not designed to be worn?
Most likely after 5years with regular usage most resin will deteriorate. Still thinking whether to buy it, it's a very beautiful watch....
I say buy 2 and wear only 1 of them...;-)

·
Registered
3,383 Posts
Most likely after 5years with regular usage most resin will deteriorate.
Actually resin will last a lot longer than 5 years even with daily wear. It's the painted surface that will start showing signs of wear, scuff marks etc.

I wouldn't worry about it if I were you, or you could always get one of the non-painted Frogmans, they're still around even as BNIB.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts