WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been eyeing the GWF1000 for a very long time. Never pulled the trigger on it due to the price back then. I've been checking Amazon time to time and I found one sold for $415. I think that's a killer price for the watch. I wonder if it will get any lower than that....

I'm currently located in Dutch Harbor, AK for work (No, I'm not a fisherman. lol.) and I worry it might get lost on the way. I'm just waiting for confirmation email from Amazon regarding estimated delivery. Can't wait!

·
Registered
3,971 Posts
Congrats to both of you! You will not be disappointed.

Perhaps the reason the prices are going down is because Casio is now offering the atomic version(GWF) for release in the US, whereas before it was Japan only and the rest of us only got the GF model. I've noticed the prices creeping down since another member (Rocat I believe) pointed out that the GWF was on the US website. Either way I think this a good move for Casio, and great news for us. I'm not certain that it could get any lower but $415 is a smoking hot deal.

Enjoy!

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Yen down.
Apple watch coming.
Post Christmas glut.

It seems like most watches prices are down. It is a good time to be a buyer!

·
Registered
8,393 Posts
yen is about the same, its the usd thats finally climbing out of the slump its been in for the last 2-3 years, much to my despise!
forking out a bit extra for postage used to be fine when we were on parity but now even with the big sales or discounted used items its barely worth the trouble! not to mention my hopes of attending sdcc this year have been totally dashed! :(

ps. if only the price of rangemans would come down now

pps. i seriously doubt the apple watch would have any affect on G sales let alone the pompousness of a frog! lol

·
Registered
GBDH1000-1A7 "G-Squad," Deep Blue Master 500, Casio MDV106D-1A1V "Duro"
2,833 Posts
Must....resist.....

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
The Yen has nothing to do with the price of this watch unless you import it from Japan. It was recently re-released in GWF format in the US at a MSRP of $700. Anything at or below $450 is a great price for a fantastic watch. Supply exceeds demand at $700 but demand exceeds supply sub-$450. Cheers!

·
Premium Member
14,580 Posts
Ah, the infamous Dutch Harbor. You boys are busy during January.

I've been eyeing the GWF1000 for a very long time. Never pulled the trigger on it due to the price back then. I've been checking Amazon time to time and I found one sold for $415. I think that's a killer price for the watch. I wonder if it will get any lower than that....

I'm currently located in Dutch Harbor, AK for work (No, I'm not a fisherman. lol.) and I worry it might get lost on the way. I'm just waiting for confirmation email from Amazon regarding estimated delivery. Can't wait!

·
Premium Member
14,580 Posts
Spoken from a man who would know. :)
The Yen has nothing to do with the price of this watch unless you import it from Japan. It was recently re-released in GWF format in the US at a MSRP of $700. Anything at or below $450 is a great price for a fantastic watch. Supply exceeds demand at $700 but demand exceeds supply sub-$450. Cheers!

·
Registered
910 Posts
I got lucky with mine, found it on the sales forum last year during the summer for a really great price since the seller was just looking to get rid of it because wasn't wearing it. I was also surfing the sales forum late at night which usually isn't good for my wallet, but this worked out great and now I wonder what took so long to grab one. Definitely a very comfortable watch and unmistakable when seen. Good luck and here is a little look to tie you over till you get it:

·
Registered
934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
IT ARRIVED SAFELY TO DUTCH HARBOR! I was a bit worried that it might get lost on the way. USPS tracking is so unreliable it says its still in transit but it had already arrived my hotel. I was hoping to take some pictures outside but the weather is not great here. The Frogman is definitely worth buying!

WP_20150120_003.jpg

WP_20150120_004.jpg

WP_20150120_002.jpg

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
I have been debating on getting a frog for a while. The lower pricing made me pull the trigger on one. Should be here in a couple days. Will post pics when it is!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I have been debating on getting a frog for a while. The lower pricing made me pull the trigger on one. Should be here in a couple days. Will post pics when it is!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

The price right now on the US version is amazing. Im wearing it right now and it's so cool Youll love it!

Reactions: JSM9872

·
Registered
14,905 Posts
IT ARRIVED SAFELY TO DUTCH HARBOR! I was a bit worried that it might get lost on the way. USPS tracking is so unreliable it says its still in transit but it had already arrived my hotel. I was hoping to take some pictures outside but the weather is not great here. The Frogman is definitely worth buying!

View attachment 2684778

View attachment 2684802

View attachment 2684858
Nice one mate, congrats, looks great on you, perfect size.
Ive got the same but the non atomic version, great watch, built like a tanks and maybe my mist comfortable G to wear.
cheers

1 - 18 of 18 Posts