WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think I've fallen in love with these beautiful watches :p , but I can't hardly find any info on them at all on google.

Ozzie's site sold a 1996 MR-G, which appears to be brand new(with label) for $490 shipped(I am assuming aussie dollars). Is this price too much?

What are the prices of used and new MR-Gs and Tacticians? I am vaguely aware that these watches are no longer produced, so when I say "new", I mean as never been worn.

Thanks!

PS - anyone who owns these watches, please post all your photos! :-!

·
Registered
14,025 Posts
Although these are not tacticians, they are both technically MRG's. The one on the left is an 8900 the one on the right is a MRG- 110. Both of these were obtained at values less than 200.00 USD. But, the Tacticians will be far more I think. They are more rare and have more functions...

·
Registered
6,588 Posts
Those are great pics of some very nice MRG's! Solid and beautiful! :-!

I want to say that the Tacticians are more rare than the MRG 100 and 110's although I have no hard data to point to...just observation over the years.

As far as weight, I'd have to try to find out, but the Tactician is quite solid! It feels supersolid and has a tremendous wrist feel.

Neil

·
Registered
4,937 Posts
Ozzie's site sold a 1996 MR-G, which appears to be brand new(with label) for $490 shipped(I am assuming aussie dollars). Is this price too much?

PS - anyone who owns these watches, please post all your photos! :-![/quote]

Ozzie's prices are in US dollars, which confuses us Aussies!:-S

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Those are great pics of some very nice MRG's! Solid and beautiful! :-!

I want to say that the Tacticians are more rare than the MRG 100 and 110's although I have no hard data to point to...just observation over the years.

As far as weight, I'd have to try to find out, but the Tactician is quite solid! It feels supersolid and has a tremendous wrist feel.

Neil
I once had a s.steel first generation MRG but somehow it didn't seem to sit comfortably on my puny wrist so had sold it away. The funds were then used to finance the purchase of a slightly later titanium version, which I still have. :) Lee
It sits much more comfortably on my wrist

·
Moderator G-Shock Forum
21,595 Posts
I was once lucky to get a slightly used MRG-121 in Germany for €25,-. A few weeks later I lost an auction for the MRG-121T (suggested retail price 2000 €499.50) for $80,-. If you happen to find a mint one expect prices around $200.- - $250.- if it's a basic model and asumingly higher for special models. I don't see them around like a four years ago, so actually prices might vary a lot when shopping around. The Titanium versions can be quiet expensive, but frankie I find the SS versions nicer to look at. Just a matter of prefference.

If you find it in a shop as N.O.S. expect much higher prices.

Cheers,

Sjors

·
Moderator G-Shock Forum
21,595 Posts
I found a MR-G Brochure (I believe winter 1999/2000) in my Photobucket. Maybe it helps. The prices are in German Marks. It's really quiet simple, divide by two and you get the prices in €. €1.- is $1.25 at the moment (yesterday). Titan = Titanium, Edelstahl = Stainless Steel.

Cheers,

Sjors

·
Registered
904 Posts
Mr-G 7100

·
Moderator G-Shock Forum
21,595 Posts
Hi Seamaster,

I once met the guy who introduced G-Shock in Germany in 1994. I got a video of a promotional introduction in a Club in Hamburg. I think Casio launched the G-Shock brand very good and that it suited in the German youth/young subculture. Note that G-Shock Europe is still in Germany. G-Shock was btw also pretty popular in Belgium.

I can't remember a promotional actions in my country. In the end of the nineties till around 2002 you could spot German tourists (which in summer almost is 50% of my islands population) by their G-Shock!

Wasn't their a peak of popularity of G-Shock in your country around that time?

Cheers,

Sjors

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
The tactician is a really nice model. They made them in a few colors to commemorate different sailing events (blue, red, silver...maybe something else as well). It really holds it's own against other luxury watch brands. I think the going rate may be in the $180-300 range (in japan -- tough to find outside of there).

The regular steel and ti dw-8900 models pop up on these watch forums from time to time in the range of ~$150. It's OK, but nothing particulary special compared to the tactician.

·
Registered
54 Posts
There are two for sale on e-bay from a German collector in new or near new condition. Up for 1 EURO now but its a 10 days listing, although its got a reserve on it.

Here is the link to the seller (he has got two, the MR-G cool`ncalm 121t-1A and the MR-G SUPREME 130t 1A)

http://search.ebay.co.uk/_W0QQsassZmorpheus4712QQhtZ-1

Good luck!

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Mr-G 7100
Someone is selling this watch on ebay for US$815 = AU$1060.

I've just discovered that all the MR-Gs are too big for my wrist, especially my favourite, the Tactician. :-(

Some MR-Gs are 62mm x 46.6mm x 16.4mm. Who the heck can wear these things? :-S

·
Moderator G-Shock Forum
21,595 Posts
Hi DW-5600,

Are you sure about those dimentions? My Tactician is about the smales G I have. If you want I will try to locate it this afternaoon and take a wrist shot. MR-G models are often smaller than basic G-Shock's. They might look bigger though.

Cheers,

Sjors

1 - 20 of 32 Posts