WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Fair enough question. I take the main publisher as myself. Media is the environment outside my front door. My neighbors, the ladies at the store. Generally, how everyone else is currently enjoying the human experience.

I have two BA's from a private university. One major being Sociology. So there, some incite to why, I trust myself before the "News".

Does the author want a Rolex? Too bad. Bleed heart it somewhere else.
I think you were trying to make a point but at the end I got lost, I didn't get the point of mentioning your 2 BA's from private universities.. and one of them being Sociology...... I would have thought that you would be explaining as to why you don't trust the Guardian or any other medias but instead I got the feeling you just mentioned that as a general fact like saying "yeah I have a BA in Sociology so BOOM! there's your answer"....... when in reality I have no idea what you are trying to say. You were building something good and then just dropped it with the "trust me I'm right I just know it seal.

· Registered
1,404 Posts
Fair enough question. I take the main publisher as myself. Media is the environment outside my front door. My neighbors, the ladies at the store. Generally, how everyone else is currently enjoying the human experience.

I have two BA's from a private university. One major being Sociology. So there, some incite to why, I trust myself before the "News".

Does the author want a Rolex? Too bad. Bleed heart it somewhere else.
So not exactly a top subject at degree level level then ?

· Registered
937 Posts
Hi guys,

I ran across this article saying that basically in this summer watches sales increased 43% because pandemic numbers were low so people could go out and shop in the fear of being more lockdowns down the road. It is anticipated (just like last year's holidays) that numbers will increase so it is safe to assume that lockdown measures will come back and sales will come down too.

So I ask, if that happens does that mean that prices will come down to (due to discounts/offers) to stimuli sales???

I've been saving for my next acquisition and that would save me some money.

-BaconRid
In the US, UK may be different, prices dropped for a very short time. Rolex filled some orders, Reddit sales went crazy but it didn't last long. By December 2020 even Omega and Breitling weren't giving big discounts.

If/When prices come down on the hot models, buying a watch won't be a big concern. It won't be the pandemic that lowers prices. If at that time you are concerned about buying a luxury watch, then you should be able to afford one now.

· Registered
1,404 Posts
I think watch buying has changed or at least the reason for it. There are more and more people buying expensive watches not because they all want to wear them, or even in some cases may not even be that interested in watches .They see them as nothing more than something to put their money into. Some will flip them but many will put in a bank as part of their investment portfolio . Classic cars have been like that for years bought stored never driven and at some point sold again and the same done . Thats my opinion.

· Registered
2,421 Posts
I think you were trying to make a point but at the end I got lost, I didn't get the point of mentioning your 2 BA's from private universities.. and one of them being Sociology...... I would have thought that you would be explaining as to why you don't trust the Guardian or any other medias but instead I got the feeling you just mentioned that as a general fact like saying "yeah I have a BA in Sociology so BOOM! there's your answer"....... when in reality I have no idea what you are trying to say. You were building something good and then just dropped it with the "trust me I'm right I just know it seal.
Trust me? I never asked for your trust. As for listing an education. You're assuming I have a pride in it and that's not the case. All I did was sit in a classroom, memorizing what was being pushed, played the part and rehearsed it back on tests. None of it ever changed my core beliefs. However, what I did 'learn' was the current state of society was planned a long time ago. Base on some the most bat crap crazy theories. Theory straight pulled out their collective butts.

Why I don't read legacy media is I know it's cherry picked drama with zero value to anything in my personal perception of life. Media is a reality show and I hate soap operas.

· Registered
1,404 Posts
Trust me? I never asked for your trust. As for listing an education. You're assuming I have a pride in it and that's not the case. All I did was sit in a classroom, memorizing what was being pushed, played the part and rehearsed it back on tests. None of it ever changed my core beliefs. However, what I did 'learn' was the current state of society was planned a long time ago. Base on some the most bat crap crazy theories. Theory straight pulled out their collective butts.

Why I don't read legacy media is I know it's cherry picked drama with zero value to anything in my personal perception of life. Media is a reality show and I hate soap operas.
If you are going to list your education the only reason for doing it is because you must think it supports the points you are making . All you are doing now is a poor job of trying to distract attention away from you mentioning it in the first place. You even went further in saying that you attended a private university as well to further support your comments . Not a good look. And as for telling us one subject was Sociology destroyed why you even bothered to go in the first place .At least even you now realise you wasted your time.

· Registered
4 Posts
Hi guys,

I ran across this article saying that basically in this summer watches sales increased 43% because pandemic numbers were low so people could go out and shop in the fear of being more lockdowns down the road. It is anticipated (just like last year's holidays) that numbers will increase so it is safe to assume that lockdown measures will come back and sales will come down too.

So I ask, if that happens does that mean that prices will come down to (due to discounts/offers) to stimuli sales???

I've been saving for my next acquisition and that would save me some money.

-BaconRid
I was hoping it does. By June 2022, it seems prices increased instead, especially for the Pepsi Rolex I've been coveting.

However, if you dig entry level Patek Philippe watches, Calatrava prices have been steady (at least the 2021 ones): Patek Philippe For Under $30K? Try The Calatrava (diamondsourcenyc.com)

Twenty~4 quartz movement watches has some at $15000 for a year now.
4 Reasons Why the Patek Philippe Twenty~4 Is The Perfect Gift for the Active and Modern Woman (diamondsourcenyc.com)
But all the other Pateks and Rolexes for 2022, no such luck.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.