WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How's $4000 out the door for a new Speedy pro with hesalite and bracelet and full "big black box"?
This is from an AD in NYC. He quoted me 25% off right away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
409 Posts
Grey market is about $3600, so getting one with a stamped warranty card from an AD for $4k sounds reasonable to me. If you love the watch and it's there in front of you at a price you're willing to pay, get it and move on with enjoying it already!

·
Registered
289 Posts
I got mine from Sergey at Chitownwatch for $3550 with stamped warranty card. So I would check with him first. Don't know why he's not mentioned more in posts like this. Grey market price + warranty = best of both worlds.

Sent from my watch using pure mechanical brilliance.

·
Registered
875 Posts
Better buy it now. Omega is pulling back from ADs in the Far East in favor of boutiques.

A lot of grey market stuff comes from ADs in the Far East and Eastern Europe. So once these channels are killed off, no more cheap watches.

·
Registered
13 Posts
My boutique offered 5% off if paid in cash.

Bought a two year old used one (with stamped warranty card from the same boutique I was looking at ironically) and saved about $2000.

Not a fan of this boutique only direction. Luckily I'm too poor to have more than a couple expensive watches :)

·
Registered
27,042 Posts
The boutiques can try to squash ADs and grey market all they want, but the real value of the watch is what people are willing to pay. I bought mine brand new from an AD 5 years ago for $2800, nowadays I'd be willing to spend $3500 but retail price is crazy. No one will pay that much and Omega will be screwed if they can truly stop their dealers from selling to grey sites

1 - 13 of 13 Posts