WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 35 of 35 Posts
What is the urgency to directly engage someone on the very 1st day when you registered? Personally I do not want to be bombarded by bots and various spammers... honest new members can join, read threads, make some comments and send direct messages in a few days...

Having the same issue here, I don't see a purpose of restricting new members from commenting in FS forum.
The system is setup the way it is to discourage exactly what you are trying to do. This forum doesn't want anyone simply showing up to buy a watch. Stick around, get to know the place. Take part in a few conversations and then at some point you will be able to send messages to the people selling watches you want.

What is the urgency to directly engage someone on the very 1st day when you registered? Personally I do not want to be bombarded by bots and various spammers... honest new members can join, read threads, make some comments and send direct messages in a few days...
It isn't hard at all. It doesn't take long to be a part of the community and I wish more people would read some threads before commenting when the exact same things are said over and over again.

The system is setup the way it is to discourage exactly what you are trying to do. This forum doesn't want anyone simply showing up to buy a watch. Stick around, get to know the place. Take part in a few conversations and then at some point you will be able to send messages to the people selling watches you want.

It isn't hard at all. It doesn't take long to be a part of the community and I wish more people would read some threads before commenting when the exact same things are said over and over again.
I totally agree. What we have is just fine. Even if you want to buy a watch: put it on the comments of that topic saying 'please contact me. I want to buy it'. I think that will do the trick. Also, buying/selling on the forum makes sense for established members. Selling to a stranger who just registered: I would rather sell on ebay. Same risk and more money....

I'm so glad I stumbled across this thread. I'm a new member who has been reading/lurking and enjoying the forums for a little bit (2 months) and just saw a piece I'd really like to buy from someone, but I can't seem to message them. :(

Is there a specific time period I need to wait before I can message someone? Sorry if this has already been discussed before, I will try to look for other threads on the forum regarding this.

I think it's a little silly. I really don't like forum sites, I find them confusing and unorganized. I have had an account for over 9 months but I don't like to post/comment, and now I see a watch that I like I simply can't contact the user to buy it. I have various other purchases on another site, but I can't even reach out to ask about the watch. I was able to send private messages about a watch 5 months ago, now the option isn't there. What gives? Looks like clearing the cache on my browser gave me the ability to send private messages again.

I am a longtime lurker and made several transactions through this forum, but right now I cannot PM someone like before. Is there any ways to solve this issue? Or there are minimum requirements to be able to have the privilege of sending messages

To all the newbies posting here for the first time; welcome to Watchuseek's Russian watch forum! Please feel free to join in the conversation any time. Get to know us and let us get to know you, and have some fun.

Why? Because Watchuseek Forums is a discussion site that has the added feature a sales corner for the members to engage in transactions with trusted fellow members. If a pure sales site is all you are after, then eBay might suit you better. I hope that doesn't sound rude, but I am honestly trying to suggest a solution that is the best fit for your needs.

To all the newbies posting here for the first time; welcome to Watchuseek's Russian watch forum! Please feel free to join in the conversation any time. Get to know us and let us get to know you, and have some fun.

Why? Because Watchuseek Forums is a discussion site that has the added feature a sales corner for the members to engage in transactions with trusted fellow members. If a pure sales site is all you are after, then eBay might suit you better. I hope that doesn't sound rude, but I am honestly trying to suggest a solution that is the best fit for your needs.
To be honest, if anyone is interested enough to join, what's the problem with having to make a few posts to introduce yourself? I 'own' a forum, and the admin team introduced the same system about 3 years ago, purely to stop those that wanted to treat it as a 'buying' place (and to discourage spammers - though that's also covered by an outsourced company. We've also a system to access the sales/wanted area, where members have to have at least double the number of posts that 'entitles' them to pm other members)

Given that this is the Russian watches forum, not Site Support, I think it is time to close this thread.

For anybody else who wants to ask the exact same question as the other 11 new members on this thread, try this link:

21 - 35 of 35 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.