WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
7,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
https://www.g-central.com/pro-trek-prw-50-like-the-prw-60-but-with-new-style/

Pro Trek PRW-50: Like the PRW-60 with a new style News, Pro Trek

Casio is introducing the new Pro Trek PRW-50 series in June 2019. The PRW-50 is very much like the PRW-60 that was released in Japan and Europe, offering the same functions (Tough Solar, Multi-Band 6, Triple Sensor) as the large PRW-6100 in a smaller watch. The PRW-50 is the same size (50.5 x 47.2 x 13.3 millimeters) as the PRW-60 and the features are expected to be similar if not the same. (Full specifications have not yet been released.)

Differences from the PRW-60 include a numbered index, slimmer hands, and a textured bezel edge. The overall design appears to be a more conventional, mainstream style. Like the PRW-60, the bands are easily removable without tools using the slide levers.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Oh wow! This is probably the first watch in a long time to challenge my "only digital" rule

Reactions: tommy.arashikage

·
Registered
2,481 Posts
Man, I like this a lot!

All of them, but it's the white dialled one that calls my name. Hopefully the bands are interchangeable so I can get something nicer.

Gary, thanks for sharing!

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Reactions: GaryK30

·
Registered
4,267 Posts
Casio pulled cheaper prw3000. For sure it's another welcome addition!

I think Casio pulled the PRW-3000 due to the fact that they seem to reset after a bit of static electricity (such as putting on that favorite wool sweater) so it was replaced by the PRW3100

I think this PRW-50 with the white dial looks great

·
Registered
7,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Love the dial colour on this one, so clean and easy to read
It looks very nice. A couple things that don't appeal to me are the lack of lume on the markers and the plastic buttons. My PRW-S6000Y-1 also has plastic buttons, yet my much cheaper GW-9400-1 has very nice metal buttons. At least the PRW-50 can take standard straps, something the PRW-6000 (and S6000) cannot do.

Edit - At the suggestion of another WUS member, I rechecked the buttons on my PRW-S6000Y-1, and although they look like they might be plastic at first glance (especially the knurled ones on the right side), they are in fact metal. Like the metal smart crown, the buttons feel cool to the touch in a 75 °F room, as do the buttons on my GW-9400-1.

·
Registered
4,477 Posts
Nice update from Casio for the Protrek line. With the thin hands and big numbers, I say it's a little Timex-ish. ;-) They did fix the chopped off 6 though, for those who notice details like that. I am sure some will like this version better.

For me, I like the style of my PRG600 better. Aside from radio control, all other functions are the same anyway. Also, just my personal opinion, I think the Smart Crown is no better than the traditional all buttons Protrek layout. Much easier to remember and quicker to access.

·
Registered
7,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Nice update from Casio for the Protrek line. With the thin hands and big numbers, I say it's a little Timex-ish. ;-) They did fix the chopped off 6 though, for those who notice details like that. I am sure some will like this version better.

For me, I like the style of my PRG600 better. Aside from radio control, all other functions are the same anyway. Also, just my personal opinion, I think the Smart Crown is no better than the traditional all buttons Protrek layout. Much easier to remember and quicker to access.
Yes, I find my PAW-5000-1, with its all-button interface, easier to operate than my PRW-S6000Y-1, with its smart crown.

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
I recently picked up a PRW-60T. I saw this series when I was looking. I like the bezel better on the 60, smooth verse textured. I agree on the function of the buttons versus the smart crown but I think it does add to the watch aesthetically. I really like this one so far. I saw some Casio promotional footage showing this watch and the PRW-50 series being used by mountain climbers. My thoughts are that these are far too nice and pretty to be banging around on rocks and such, not that it much matters to me I get nervous on a step ladder. Lol

1 - 20 of 38 Posts