WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,
Got this in the mail today, bought it from the Bay. Put a new crystal on it, cleaned it up, got rid of the Spidel band, and running now. It is probably one of my favorite Bulovas to date. Does anyone know if there is a certain model name for It? I've looked through all my books, and can't seem to find anything. Would it have anything to do that it's not a Bulova case? Let me know what you guys think.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
Well, Ranfft has that movement from between 1929 and 1940, and the arrow marking works with a 1937 date. I don't see anything like that in the 30's on the vintage ad archives. Also, none of the ones in the catalog ads have a jewel count on the dial.

Recased or not, it's still a fun piece.

·
Zenith Forum Co-moderator
19,042 Posts
Well, looking at that dial, I am sorry to say that I have grave doubts as to that being original either. The cross is just too irregular, the hands are lumed but there is absolutely none on the dial, the writing is partly obscured.....

Hartmut Richter

·
Registered
57 Posts
Well, looking at that dial, I am sorry to say that I have grave doubts as to that being original either. The cross is just too irregular, the hands are lumed but there is absolutely none on the dial, the writing is partly obscured.....

Hartmut Richter
Do you think its a bad redial or just a weird custom job?

·
Registered
5,020 Posts
Do you think its a bad redial or just a weird custom job?
My thought is a custom redial. The markers and lines are just not regular enough to have been a factory dial with those marks. So a custom redial seems logical.

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts