WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there ,
I am glad to tell that my Dw-6900 hm served me very well for over 2 years and is still rocking solid but now I am looking forward for some change . So I have decided to buy me a new one . Here's my considerations -
1 King g shock gx56 red black ( for about $135)
2 mud man 9010 (for about $ 105)
3 dw 6900 cocaine white (for about $69)

I am from India and the prices here are not quite similar as compared to that of in the US . All the above prices quoted above are after the maximum discount .

PS - the watch is going to be a daily use watch and I am not a collector .:-(

Do need some advise upon choosing one . Also another recommendation will be helpful

TIA:-!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
1 King g shock gx56 red black ( for about $135)
I am from India
First, tell me where did you manage to get those insanely tempting prices? Local store or online? The models you have listed are nowhere available locally here in Bangalore and the cheapest king I have seen on ebay is $200+ and that too, no discounts. Would love to know where you are based!

·
Registered
694 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

As far as your choices, they are good ones in general. The 9010 Mudman would probably be the best daily normal wear watch. It's a smaller wearing watch too.

The white 6900 will get dirty and hard to get clean if you wear it all the time, but it is a very good looking piece.

The King is nice, but for a daily wear watch I'd want the positive display as it is easier to live with daily. Do they have a positive king? Negative displays are nice, but more of an occasional wear watch for me personally.

Good luck with your choice. Let us know what you purchase when you make your decision.

·
Registered
666 Posts
I agree with Phantasm. The king is nice, but too big and negative display everyday might get annoying. The white 6900 is great looking, but everyday wear will turn it yellow eventually. The 9010 mudman is a fantastic watch, I own the atomic version and like it, but yes, the buttons are a tad hard to push and the rubber guard on the backplate seems to irritate some people (not me). I think you should go with your gut and personal preference. They are all nice G's, what's your favorite looking? What's the most comfortable on your wrist?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
First, tell me where did you manage to get those insanely tempting prices? Local store or online? The models you have listed are nowhere available locally here in Bangalore and the cheapest king I have seen on ebay is $200+ and that too, no discounts. Would love to know where you are based!
I am from Lucknow (UP) and I managed to get these tempting prices from a local store .
If you want I can PM you the store name (in case) .
Heres another shot -

Attachments

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
I'd recommend a square g-shock since your first is a round one. So i'd pick the gx56 :) Also, after reading countless threads in this forum, i think the gx56 is already discontinued, hence its probably hard to find another one at that price.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Welcome to the forum!

As far as your choices, they are good ones in general. The 9010 Mudman would probably be the best daily normal wear watch. It's a smaller wearing watch too.

The white 6900 will get dirty and hard to get clean if you wear it all the time, but it is a very good looking piece.

The King is nice, but for a daily wear watch I'd want the positive display as it is easier to live with daily. Do they have a positive king? Negative displays are nice, but more of an occasional wear watch for me personally.

Good luck with your choice. Let us know what you purchase when you make your decision.
Yes you said it correctly . The 6900 might develop a yellowish tinge with the passage of time .
Unfortunately, the retail store didn't seem to have any positive kings . And yes I checked the King at the store . The negative display just didn't seem to caters to my need from a watch .
Will definitely update as soon as I get my hands on one of these .

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
Yes you said it correctly . The 6900 might develop a yellowish tinge with the passage of time .
Unfortunately, the retail store didn't seem to have any positive kings . And yes I checked the King at the store . The negative display just didn't seem to caters to my need from a watch .
Will definitely update as soon as I get my hands on one of these .
Negative displays aren't really that hard to live with! 4 of my 7 G's are negative displays!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts