WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
2,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The existance of this watch has been known for a while now, but I have yet to hear a realistic, believable view of how it escaped the rarified atmosphere of Rolex quality control.

Rolex has built their reputation on impeccable quality and impossibly high manufacturing standards. Does anyone having any ideas how this slipped out.

BadRolex-2019-04-12-03-58-02-609.jpg

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
I don't understand what you are asking. Is there something wrong with the Air-King? If so, post a link please.

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
How? Human error. Perfection is not attainable, no matter how close you can get to it. I like the symmetry of the double 9. Very cool and quirky.

·
Premium Member
2,273 Posts
I don't understand what you are asking. Is there something wrong with the Air-King? If so, post a link please.
Look closely at the Arabics.

·
Premium Member
4,198 Posts

·
Registered
841 Posts
OP's image looks like a photoshop contruction.

Watchfinder did a video about that a while ago, one does actually exist. shite happens, a glossy 3 and 9 are hard to tell apart in that font, especially when Q&A is looking at the 100th or 1000th of the exact same watch on the day..

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
OP's image looks like a photoshop contruction.

Watchfinder did a video about that a while ago, one does actually exist. shite happens, a glossy 3 and 9 are hard to tell apart in that font, especially when Q&A is looking at the 100th or 1000th of the exact same watch on the day..
Yes I saw that video. You can’t tell until he points it out

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
Dial quirks have been something sought after by rolex fans...may be this one also becomes collectable some day...I do think that it's very natural to have a defect when millions of watches are produced each year...may be fewer get reported publically like this and get detected at dealer or some point or just dont reach the forums ..anyway, that's a quirky watch to have 🙂

·
Premium Member
4,399 Posts
The existance of this watch has been known for a while now, but I have yet to hear a realistic, believable view of how it escaped the rarified atmosphere of Rolex quality control.

Rolex has built their reputation on impeccable quality and impossibly high manufacturing standards. Does anyone having any ideas how this slipped out.

View attachment 15083435
Human error.

Not unlike the idea that this would be a good topic for conversation.

·
Registered
2,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I was just astounded at how many people the error would have to get past in order to make it to the AD. How many layers of QC?

Then I started this thread as to how it could be missed so easily by so many and half the people posting didn't see it... which I guess is my answer

1 - 20 of 81 Posts